Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Just a blind man trying to catch a fish!!!!!!
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend going there this weekend, they have never been before, so I said I would ask here. Any good fishing going on? they mostly fish for Catfish, but will go after anything. And Im not lookin for anyones spot but what areas should they look at? and they will have theirkayaks.

·
Great cycle challenge team OHIO GAME FISHING
1,797 Posts
Catfish will do good! Family use to go to Seneca every spring but some reason ended up at clendenin one year. Was about a 20# cat caught.

·
Registered
434 Posts
They could also fish any snags along the banks that they could see from the marina area for crappie. The crappie are about ready to spawn so that might happen before they get there. The catfishing should be good.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Anyone catch guests yet out of there I know they stocked them but haven't heard anything on catches, size, or locations

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I have not heard of one blue caught from clendening. I have caught several from Seneca the last few years.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
That is incorrect, they are stocked at 6 to 10 inches. It would be way to costly for the odnr to hold fish until they reach 1 to 5lbs

·
Registered
409 Posts
Yep. I've caught one while fishing for bait last year..maybe the year before that. I may have caught a few more, I only bothered counting the rays on the one. It was only 12-14 inches

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yep. I've caught one while fishing for bait last year..maybe the year before that. I may have caught a few more, I only bothered counting the rays on the one. It was only 12-14 inches
You dont have to count rays all you have to do is look at the anal fin if its rounded it channel if its blue it will be squared. Just helpful info

1 - 18 of 18 Posts