close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

clendening catfish questions

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by tcba1987, Aug 3, 2004.

1. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

i was thinking about fishing clenedning for some catfish, is the area around the dam any good for bankfishing or does soemone have any other good spots youd like to share?? i fished the dam on sunday night from the shore for bass and tried a buzzbait and torpedo and several crankbaits and didnt have a hit. is it tough at clendening now or was i just in the wrong area??? thought maybe id pick up a saugeye or 2 are they hitting and on what ?? thanks in advance !!

2. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

fished last two weeks at clendening, did not catch much. a few small cats and bass and some small saugeyes. mostly trolled dam area. shore fishing is limited to the dam area and a few spots on norris road, if you fish the dam end of the lake. i would hit tappan from the 250 shore. more spots and better fishing.

3. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I agree with sauguy on the dam fishing! I have not fished Clendening much near the dam, but I have fished tappan a little. Better results at Tappan!! :)

I do all my catfishing at Clendening on 799. now that I have a boat though, Hopefully if I can get a depth finder and even if I don't, I want to start next year looking for some spots that you can't get to from shore. I figure if I can do as good as I can now fishing the same spots as everyone else, then Maybe I can find a good spot that nobody else fishes and do even better.

I think to answer your question on if the fishing is tough right now or not, I think it is! I am not the best bass man out there, but I usually do ok. Lately not so good. Last thursday though a cat and a 16 1/2 bass on spinnerbait! My best single day in the boat so far! Last Tuseday, was just gill fishing and caught some nice gills and 2 saugeye.

4. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Oh yeah Brian, Let me know what you are fishing this weekend. I am planning on fishing the Tusc on Thursday and prob Friday. Or may go to Will's Creek on Friday. Cattin those days though. Then on Saturday, I might take the boat out to clendening before the tourney I am having in the afternoon/evening. I will be bassin/bluegillin/ hoping to catch a fish. Then Sunday after work I will prob go somewhere depending on what I feel like.