close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Clendening 7/22

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by rockbass, Jul 23, 2004.

1. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Went fishing at Clendening yesterday afternoon. Put in at Tipp ramp. Fished for bluegills. Caught around 30 or so. and one bass. I used my ultralight and a 1/32 oz jig with pieces of worm.... I had fun!

Funny thing about the trip was that all the places I though would have gills, I would catch only one or none then I would move down shore a little and would find them where I would usually pass up. I guess that is how it goes.

Then I get back to the ramp and some idiot with his wife and kids is there with 2 poles on each side of the ramp. the kids swimming in front of the ramp and his van opened up with some crappy music playing like he owned the place. I managed to get my boat to shore without getting into his lines. Then I backed part way down the ramp andhad to get out to ask him to move the poles that were on my side so I could get the boat on trailer. (I pull the boat on by the rope!) Could not believe he just sat there like I was in the wrong place. Maybe it was the alchohol! :rolleyes:

2. probably a local, rockbass!what with kids and a wife and van payments and buying all that crappy music he cant afford to buy a boat or go on vacation!!probably was using weiners as bait???what with alchohol, bliss is ignorance? might not of even known you were loading a boat?when i run into a bunch like that i hightail it the other way!!!

3. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

that is a common problem at that ramp. was out with mrtwister_jbo tuesday and we had to wait for a guy who had about a 300 gal water tank on the back of his pickup finnish loading. not a big problem but annoying anyway. i use that ramp alot. look for a sea nymph with a OGF sticker on it. and say hi.

4. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I have also seen a truck with a big tank on it filling it with water. I was just launching when they pulled up though. That is where I usually go sauguy. I will look for your boat! I was just saying the other day I needed to get a sticker for my boat!

5. sauguy

if the weather improves tues i will put in at the tipp ramp. about 8 am or so. if your there look for me. rockbass what kind of boat do you have?

6. whats going on dennis?
    u been catching anything or have u even been out ?
    i've been working since friday just finished up 2day off 2morrow then work
    28/29///// have dr app friday then back to work 4 days then under the knife 4 me it looks like :eek:
    been having alot of problems with my teeth so am going 2 have them taken out !!!!!not looking 4ward 2 that :eek:
    me an wife went down friday afternoon 2 the big river wife got nice white bass
    an had a real big smallie on est around 20'' an probly 4 an 4 1/2 lbs nice fish got off as i was trying 2 get hold of it .
    me i got the bottom a couple of times other the that i got the skunk lol
    have a good one chat later let me know how u do 2morrow am thinking about heading out 2 tappen early in the mornin
    mrtwister_jbo

7. sauguy

mrtwister_jbo we have been out except sun, mon. friday the wife got a 3lb 19 inch saugeye out of tappan. we were trolling gold black back hotntots. nice fish. other than that some cats and bluegill thats about it. did work at the cabin over the weekend. hope you do good if you go. if you get out or way stop in. going to clendening tomorrow in the morning.dont know how long we will be out. depends on whats biting and the weather. catch you later.

8. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I have a 12 foot Starcraft V bottom. It has a (old)10 horse evinrude motor and 2 trolling motors. It is black. It was spray painted at one time, so you can not tell it is a starcraft unless you are up close to see where the letters were!. I drive a darker red Ford Ranger it is a 2000 and it sits a little higher than the standard ranger single cab. If I make it out there this week, it won't be until thursday afternoon.

9. sauguy

i will look for you when i am out there , now that i know what you have. i drive a silver jeep cherokee and a picture of my rig is in the what your boat looks like thread. i put in there all thru the fishing season, if we dont meet up anytime soon, i am down her for the last 2 weeks in sept. will be fishing some of those days. hope to catch up to you sometime. good fishing to you.

10. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Well it is 430 now and I am leaving work at 445 and guess what, I decided to go to Clendening instead of just hitting the river! I will be out there by 600 I will look up your pic sauguy!

11. sauguy

we went to atwood today and just fished from shore. 1 10 inch bass thats all. did not put boat in at clendening skies looked bad. might try atwood wed. some place new. heard saugeyes and crappies were biting. never fish there before , so might give it a try. good luck and post what you get.