Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a float trip on the LMR yesterday with a buddy..started out above xenia(JACOBY RD.) and floated down to the Narrows reserve in Bellbrook...the storms in the last few weeks REALLY did a number on the LMR...the float trip that SHOULD have taken only 6-8 hours or so took approximately 12 hours because of all the trees that were completely blocking the river,causing a lot of portaging and trailblazing through the woods..we had to do this about 12 seperate times on this float trip!

My question is...who clears those?...my guess would be the canoe rental compaines..if they wanna keep themselves in buiseness..or the propert owners? If it was just a tree or two..i woldnt give it much thought...but this section of the LMR is a complete MESS!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Is that huge log still across the river just down stream of US35? it is nearly impassable without a lot of effort. I remember a few dangerous looking strainers in the stretch from last year too. I haven't been through there much this year though.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep..that's still there...its a mess..and it IS impassable.... Up near xenia..some property owner HAD a nice foot bridge across the river... A HUGE tree came down ..right on that bridge..completely across the river and tangled in the bridge cables

·
Registered
329 Posts
I do know that the people from the canoe rental place near Spring Valley will clear out some trees. Not sure how often though, and that's really just within the sections of the river that their business operates.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts