Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Trying for a better one this sat this one is 30.5 they can be few and far between for me so im posting it it is a dink musky had one other rip. Perch colored Grandma gave this one up.
________
Threesome Babe

·
Pay-it-foward fisherman
5,251 Posts
Nice Fish!
I caught one a couple weeks ago on a rattle trap bass fishing.
It was probally a little smaller then that. Didnt want to keep the fish out of the water long so didnt bother measuring it.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Try rapala J-13's Orange is a good start, Firetiger, Perch .. etc.. this is a numbers bait there... also smaller bagleys ( also monster shads and ernies ) and even maybe hot n tot's.. Something about Clearfork is they love smaller baits .. even the big fish.. go bright cause it's usually muddy or stained.. but prism and naturals have worked too.... hope this helps.... good luck !. Guy
http://muskie_guy.tripod.com

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
lol... dont it figure i bought every color of the j-13 but the orange just yesterday numbers are good but i want a hawg of a fish. Anyone of the beleif big baits=big fish or at least it will up your odds at a bigger fish and thanks for the replies guys. should be launching around this time tomorrow then :T for:B
________
Expert Insurance

·
Registered
352 Posts
you are right, But Clearfork has been known for the little baits even for bigger fish.. Bigger baits will work. I know guys that have caught 50 inchers at Leesville on Sissions.. and thats a Bass bait:T

·
Registered
352 Posts
Nice Fish!
I caught one a couple weeks ago on a rattle trap bass fishing.
It was probally a little smaller then that. Didnt want to keep the fish out of the water long so didnt bother measuring it.
Lots of guys use rattletraps in the spring and do well when the fish are stubborn

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Well it took my partner all of five minutes to get this beauty on just what I was looking for but I got to net her congrats Dennis. 41.5". Estimated weight of 25 to 27 pounds.
________
SUZUKI WIKI

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
J-13 FIRETIGER 8 TO 9 FOOT OF WATER. ENDED UP LATER IN THE DAY A TRIP TO THE DAMN AND MARKED A FEW SUSPENDED FISH. WEED BEDS ARE ON THE MOVE ANOTHER WEEK OR TWO OF TROLLING THEM BEFORE CASTING. DID SEE A BASS FISHERMAN GET A NICE ONE CASTING TO THE BANK OF ONE OF THE ISLANDS AND THEN A MUSKIE TROLLER PICKED UP ONE NOT TO FAR FROM THE SAME ISLAND JUST AS THE TEMP WAS DROPPING AND WIND DIRECTION WAS CHANGEING. HOPE TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO CONVINCE THE WIFE TO LET ME GO FOR A THIRD WEEKEND IN A ROW.
________
VAPIR NO2

·
Multi Species Angler
6,188 Posts
Sweet. Those are some nice muskies, and that 41.5 is a beauty!

CG

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
hmm any suggestions for saltfork? trolling or casting ? shallow still or starting to hang by the deep water? any partial lure or color? Dont give away to much cause i plan on winning this up coming tourney :D Saltfork is where i got my first ski 3 yrs ago and its been fun ever since good luck to you this sat see ya there
________
Toyota Succeed

·
Registered
352 Posts
Casting try Bulldawgs... Troll the usual .. Bagleys, Tuff Shad's , Ernies , Grandma's , Mordas baits, Big M... Firetiger, ya cant go wrong with also Orange.. I won't know where they are right now until I get there this weekend.. I'll start shallow and look for baitfish.. Muskies usually aren't far behind... lots of spots and ways to fish that lake...... Saltfork Rules ! ..

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts