Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody fish clearfork? I have fished for muskies one time and it was at this lake last fall. I didn't catch any but was told this was a great place to catch one. Any help would be appreciated. The bait store told us to fish by the dock area to the left of their store but not sure where the fish might be for the summer and I'm hoping for some help. I'll have a row boat, but no motor of any sort. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i fish clearfork about 2 or 3 times a month. i caught my 1st muskie 3 weeks ago while we were bass fishing. flipping a 3/8oz weedless jig with a skirt, trailing a small brown rubber frog. tossed it almost to shore in 6 to 8ft and started a slow retrieve. we were 25yds out in 21ft. not much on the bottom. rod bent over, took a lot of line. about 7 to 10 mins to get her in the boat. wow what a thrill. anyway, the lady at the store will give advise based on what incoming fisherman tell her. the guys that are there are worthless in my opinion. dane, the owner could care less. if you want muskies, try casting up to the shore(6 to 8ft) from deeper water(18 to 22ft) down by the dam on the north bank. there is a "500ft - NO BOATS BEYOND" sign. start there and work you way back. also, look for bait fish in the the deeper water along the buoy line near the dam. if you like to troll run the river channel. it is also on the northern side after the 3 islands down to the dam. watch the other boats. watch the depth and you will be able to follow the channel pretty closely. clearfork isn't as deep as a lot of the lakes in ohio so deep here may only be 15ft to 20ft. oh i caught my fish at 3:30 in the afternoon on a hot sunny day. go figure. probably never see another one.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts