close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Clearfork Musky

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by esoxhunter, Jul 3, 2004.

1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

Boated my third musky of the 04 season yesterday at Clearfork. Fished from 9-9 and had action from several fish. Fishing was tough and you had to really work to get any action. Lost one casting a crankbait at about 10AM...felt like a small one. My fishing buddy lost an upper 30's fish casting the same spot. Fish just crashed the party at boatside. Never saw a follow...just a vicious strike. :eek: My buddy got a little wet and never got a hook in the fish.
    At about 4PM the fish turned on again. We trolled a mid lake hump painfully slow with Lil Ernies running about 10' deep. The hump was about 9' below the surface and its surrounded by 15' deep water. The lures would just tick the top of it for about 20-30 seconds and release into deeper water. As soon as the lures hit deeper water they got hammered. We boated two fish within about 10 minutes of each other. My buddy got a real pretty 32 and I got a plump 38. When I got my fish close to the boat my partner put the net in the water. When the fish saw the net she tried to take off in the opposite direction. I leaned on her a bit to turn her quickly.....before I could blink the fish leaps towards the boat. My buddy had to raise the net and catch this fish in mid air before it joined us in the boat. It probably would have speared the net man! :eek: :cool: Musky fishing is not for the faint of heart!!!
    I've caught quite a few in the 38-39 inch range in the last two years, but this one was definitely the heaviest. When I first lifted it for a picture I told my buddy "This fish has some SHOULDERS on it!" My buddy replied "She got some HIPS on her too!" :D
    It was a long 12 hours on the boat in that hot sun but well worth it.
    EH

Attached Files:

2. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

nice fish, iam diff looking into the musky fishing deal hope to have some heavy equip for next yr

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Nice looking Muskie. Your right, not for the faint of heart!

4. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

nice lookin musky

5. muskiehunter

muskiehunter Was that Bass 5lb?Burp!

Nice Wolf. :D ..I been meaning to visit ya up that way..Clearfork has some impressive numbers..Hey Esox..do they lower that lake at all in winter?? and is it an overflow spillway or what?