close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Clearfork conditions ? please ?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Muskie & Pike Discussions' started by esoxhunter, May 4, 2008.

1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

anyone fish Clearfork this weekend ?
    How was the water ?
    I have tuesday off and don't want to make the drive unless conditions are good.

I hit Alum today (5/4) and conditions sucked. Water is still muddy. Temps were above 64 on main basin.

2. I too, as Esoxhunter. Would like to know the water condition at Clear Fork.
    I’ll be making the trip this weekend. I know the water condition could very well change between now and Saturday but I will be working down in Cincinnati (4 hours away) and not sure if I will have access to a computer until Friday night when I get home.
    Thanks for any info.

3. esoxhunter

I checked the chapter 41 web site and there was 2' visibility as of last week. I guess that will be good enough to get me to make the drive.

4. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Doug,

Chapter 41 had a tourney there this past weekend. I don't think they have the results posted yet. They might post them sometime this week. I know the conditions Saturday were rough and then Sunday was post cold front, so that would have been a tough bite.

CG

5. bigidfish

bigidfish 395v

I hit clearfork tonight with no luck. Water temps around 68 and clarity 2 1/2 ft.

6. esoxhunter

sweet! thanks !!!
    I'm headed out right now. Will report back this evening.

7. esoxhunter

couple good rips trolling today, but no fish in the boat.
    At 2PM the main lake temp was over 66.
    Visibility was ok and floating weeds were annoying.

8. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

My uncle was out there yesterday evening. He didn't connect. He did indicate the water conditions were favorable, and not a lot of people fishing.

CG

9. Chapter 41 tournament resulets.....34 entries to fish the contest.....4 fish caught...30", 30", 30 1/4" on saturday, 48" on sunday. Pretty ruff conditions, hopefully it'll get better,

Greg.

10. Was out yesterday also. Actually saw 4 up shallow in the weeds, two pairs. I know its passed the spawn, but thats what it looked like they were doing. All four were mid to low 30 inch fish. Threw everything I could at them, they had no interest at all. Still was a nice day to be out there.

11. esoxhunter

good to see ya out there Skunked !
    I'll be back in a week or so..

12. FYI-the 48"r that was caught at the Clearfork tournament was dripping eggs when it was netted. So they can still be at the tail end of spawn.
    Greg.