close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

clear fork

Discussion in 'Muskie & Pike Discussions' started by Muskie Man, Jul 25, 2007.

1. went out to clear fork for the first time. took my wife out we just got a 12 1/2
    foot boat. that lake is very peacefull I live on in apple valley so its a big change
    only I get luck at apple valley. I was wondering if anybody could give me some tips in good areas. I fished the south end big cove in the west side. I did see one muskie roll by the first big island.I did fish the island a little. any tips would be help full.

2. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

That's a relatively small resevoir so it isn't real hard to pattern the fish. This time of year they are generally holding in the deeper water closer to the dam and trolling is the preferred method for catching them. There is a roadbed that goes across the middle that you will see the trollers hit regularly. There is also a secret natural spring that everyone knows about. It can be good in the evenings this time of year. It is a great muskie lake for sure!

CG

3. thanks for the tips will have to try them out. is there a boat launch close to the dam I only knew of the one. all I have is a trolling motor so it would take awhile to get there and it would even take longer to get back with a empty battery. is the a bright lure color or can you use natural colors on that lake. thanks for any tips.

4. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Yes, there is only one boat launch and that is on the southend near the campground and beside the rangers's office. Without a power motor your best bet would be cast the weedbeds off the main lake channel and near the islands. I prefer natural colored baits, but that is more of a fishermen thing. Match the size, speed and action and you should get bit. I haven't done a lot of casting, but I know the casters catch them at that resevoir on small bucktails and medium size crankbaits.

CG