Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on fishing Clear Fork this weekend while visiting my parents. How are the crappie and bass hitting? I've fished this lake from shore before for crappie, but this will be the first time in my kayak. Any tips are appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
my father in law and i fished clearfork on friday and didnt do to bad (kept 16 and put 7 back in to grow a little more). we went back on monday and pretty much got skunked. it will depend on the weather the night before, if its warm you should be ok, but if its cooler you might have to work a little harder.

when we caught them on friday they seemed to be on the southern side in the shallow coves, about 4 to 4 1/2 feet deep.

good luck, let me know how it goes, i might even be there myself.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
I Have Not Fished Clearfork In A Few Years But Grew UP By It And Springtime Always Meant Up The River By Boyscout Camp. West End Of Lake.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It looks like a cold front is moving in the night before. I'll let you know how I do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
thought you might like to know...
my father in law was out again today and caught 19 big crappie and a few perch in the cove that fishslim was refering to.
i couldnt go (had to work) but we will be there this saturday. look for the old blue pontoon with the tarps rigged up on the sides, and 2 guys in really comfy chairs. that would be us.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It ended up being a great morning for me. As soon as I put in, I got two nice white bass. I caught a couple small largemouth, and then made my way to the picnic areas where I've caught them from shore. I got far enough away from the shore guys and caught maybe 20 crappie in there, but all dinks. I then paddled over to the north shore and found a sunken tree. Ah, the beauty of being in a kayak. I put myself in the tree and it was on. I probably caught 30 in the next two hours, with many being in the 12-14 inch range. It was really cool because I could look right down and see them slam my tube. I felt like I had an aqua view! :)

·
Super Moderator
3,930 Posts
that sounds fun archman. nice crappies.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
was you out sat archman i think i may have seen you then because i seen a guy nestled right in a fallen tree faceing the lake.
________
Huge Tits Webcams

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Buckeye, if he was in an orange kayak nestled in a tree that was definitely me. There were a lot of nice slabs in there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts