Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing the clearfork this weekend. Was wondering if you guys catch alot of smallies in the park. I was just going to take a few streamers down there and see how i do.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well saturday the water was a little high and muddy but i was still able to get some fishing in. I was using a white streamer and i caught 1 very small smallmouth like 4 inches maybe. I caught several shiners on a adams dry but no trout. Later that evening a cheated a little bit and floated from the covered bridge to the state park camp grounds and caught several smallies, rockbass, whitebass, suckers, and some bigger browns(10 to 11 inches) on a rooster tail. I wish i could just catch a decent fish for a change on my flyrod. there were alot of little black bugs flying around but i didnt know what they were.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I went to the clear fork on sunday for the first time ever and caught 10 brown trout, all on dry flyes. i fished in the park down stream of the covered bridge.

·
Off the beaten path
939 Posts
Hey Tom I have two of those if you are ever interested in doing a float let me know. My buddy and I float Ladue butare thinking of a Grand, chagrin float for smallies.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
..I'm thinking of wade fishing the fork this saturday, and well see how it goes or carp fishing up north! I like then Bi-Yak (toying with getting a kyak) thats for shure .. I'll keep you in mind to do a float some time! The grand will turn into a road in another month with no water, I have seen the grand with no watter flowing over the dam! but it is the best time to see it and see how much she has changed!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts