Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on heading to Clear Fork next weekend and hoping to catch some panfish. I have never been there and any general advice would be appreciated. General locations to find them or what baits work best. Going to be on a boat. Crappie or bluegill will probably be what we target most. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Anywhere in the lake will catch decent bluegill/hybrid/sunfish. Wax worm on a small hook with bobber at 12-24”.
When you launch (only one launch) go in the marked channel out towards the main lake, off to your right before getting to main lake, there is a cove. We have done great on crappie recently. Average size, no monsters. Around downed trees. Probably 24” down. Pink jig head with white grub been working best.
If you want to have some fun, head down by the damn and use a rooster tail. It’s a mystery what you’re going to catch. Can be panfish, white bass, small mouth, large mouth, crappie or possibly a small musky.
I do really enjoy fly fishing with a popper by the islands. good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anywhere in the lake will catch decent bluegill/hybrid/sunfish. Wax worm on a small hook with bobber at 12-24”.
When you launch (only one launch) go in the marked channel out towards the main lake, off to your right before getting to main lake, there is a cove. We have done great on crappie recently. Average size, no monsters. Around downed trees. Probably 24” down. Pink jig head with white grub been working best.
If you want to have some fun, head down by the damn and use a rooster tail. It’s a mystery what you’re going to catch. Can be panfish, white bass, small mouth, large mouth, crappie or possibly a small musky.
I do really enjoy fly fishing with a popper by the islands. good luck.
Thanks for the advice. We are gonna spend the weekend there. It's an hour and a half drive so hopefully we have some luck. Got a new Lowrance hook2 fish finder I wanna try out to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts