close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Clear Fork,Doughty Creek

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Rocknfish, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Checked out the Clear Fork on Monday and Tuesday after work.Fished up from the covered bridge and got ahold of two Brownies on tiny jerkbaits and lost a few.Went back on Tuesday and drifted nightcrawlers through the rapids and got three and missed plenty.Actually wanna learn more about flyfishing and give it a try.It was absolutley beautiful both days.Went down to the town of Clark,Ohio on Wednesday(small town just south of Millersburg)and fished the Doughty Creek that runs through the town.Very small creek but really underatted as a smallie spot.Early on only managed two largemouth and two bluegill on the tiny jerkbait that I mentioned earlier.Found a nicer,bigger pool than most and since it was getting late I decided to switch to a nightcrawler unweighted,casted by a downed log and naturally let the current take it and about 10 minutes later landed a beautiful 19 3/4" smallie!Probably one of the bigger ones in that creek.Normally I carry a disposable camera but didn't buy a new one Dammit!Oh well,great memory.If anyones going out next week feel free to drop me a P.M

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Rocknfish...you talkin about the creek or the res?

3. My bad!Guess I didn't specify,but it was the River in Mohican State Park.