Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All Ohio Katmasters will have their 5th tournament of the year august 17th at clear fork reservoir, hours are 8pm-8am, sign in starts at 7pm at the marina boat ramp. Entry will be $40 per 1-2 man team, with optional $5 to big fish, and optional $5 to flathead pot(up to $50 thus far).

Contact kevin at 330-939-0029 with questions

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i will say that although ive never fished this lake, i have seen 10 plus pounders at previous tournaments at clear fork

·
Registered
805 Posts
Times I wish I had more then a kayak I'd love to do a catfish tourney. .also boost I've talked to a lady that worked at the marina couls talk your ear off on fish mainly muskie but she told me about some massive cats in there.. also last year I went with a buddy who fishes muskie there to muskie fish and caught the channel bellow while trolling

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also if you guys are shore fisherman you can still enter. you don't have to have a boat.

·
Registered
805 Posts
also if you guys are shore fisherman you can still enter. you don't have to have a boat.
Are there really many great shore fishing spots there in clearfork tho.. most parks areas i seen closed at 10 and were patrolled. me and my buddy got told to leave by the cops last year after dark started to fall because the parks closed then...only other places i know of there is the marina which doesnt allow fishing and the bridge at the west end. Althought I've only been there like on 3 occasions and so for Ive only caught that one cat above.. on a giant musky lure to boot lol

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imo parks that close at dark 9 times out of 10 no one will bother you as long as you aren't doing something you shouldn't be. at our portage lakes tourney I fished at the state park beach the whole time and I didn't even see another vehicle come through. if you come and happen any problems just let them know you are in the fishing tournament, or have them give me a call and I will take care of it.

·
Registered
820 Posts
All the driveways/parking lots have gates. Park rangers drive around at sunset and kick people out and stay till everyone leaves. I've seen this many times from growing up a few miles away. Once everyone is gone they lock the gates and have posted signs not to trespass after closing. It's stupid IMO

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All the driveways/parking lots have gates. Park rangers drive around at sunset and kick people out and stay till everyone leaves. I've seen this many times from growing up a few miles away. Once everyone is gone they lock the gates and have posted signs not to trespass after closing. It's stupid IMO
I just got off of the phone with the manager, he said yes the gates do get closed, all that means is you have to park outside of them, fishing is allowed at clear fork 24/7.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no problem, hope to see you there. Also, shore fishing is permitted on the south, and west shores only.

·
Registered
805 Posts
This is probably a stupid question but I never really looked into tournament fishing before... I seen u said 1-2 man teams but my question is are me and my buddy able to enter as a team if we aren't fishing in say the same boat? We both have kayaks and would most likely fish from those.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is probably a stupid question but I never really looked into tournament fishing before... I seen u said 1-2 man teams but my question is are me and my buddy able to enter as a team if we aren't fishing in say the same boat? We both have kayaks and would most likely fish from those.

not a stupid question at all, however boat teams must fish from the same boat, and shore anglers are allowed 25ft between each other. we have a facebook page if you would like to read all of the rules, and check out previous results, etc.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Well darn lol thanks tho ill have to check the fb page out and check my schedule!

·
Registered
805 Posts
I was wondering the same question as steve. Only ways I thought of would be Either go by a honor system which could cause more stink then its worth or maybe a supplied teether if that wouldn't complicate things to much. .like A 25' rope with a few floats on it to keep it from snagging bottom attached to the back of one and the front of other. It could be tricky for the yakkers but may open tournaments up for more participants for us who only have a yak.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts