close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Clear Creek Tips

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by SmallieNut, Jun 18, 2007.

1. I tried Clear Creek near Lancaster yesterday morning. I loved the surroundings, nice clean water but no fish.

We parked at number 2 and worked upstream to the bridge with no trout or smallies. I did get a sucker, but not quite what I was after.

Seemed to be several very nice holes that should have held fish. We were casting upstream as we moved and would work the holes.

We used 1/32 jigs in a variety of colors.

Any advice for fishing this stretch of water.

Thanks

2. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

How close were you to rt33 where clear creek dumps into hocking, just wondering I might try that later this summer yaking, would like to hear any advice on your post as well.

3. I've never exactly lit Clear Creek up, but I've caught a few fish here and there - I suspect that much of the good water gets hit pretty hard.

My experience is that as the temperatures rise and the water drops, fishing gets pretty difficult.

I would guess that your best bet now is to fish early or late, stay out of the water as much as possible and be stealthy.

Good luck.

4. Capital outdoorsman

Capital outdoorsman day late, dollar short

I can't say much for the river you are fishing because I haven't fished it but I can speak to trout fishing. When fishing waters that are hit pretty hard I often find that the obvious holes are pounded. A lot of fisherman walk hole to hole and don't really spend too much time in between. When I fish these kind of waters I concentrate on the little things in between obvious holes. Just the slightest cover even in 8 inches of water will sometimes hold the biggest trout (or smallie). Get as close to that cover with a cast that you can and you may be rewarded for you patience and persistance.