close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cleaning white fiberglass?

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by captnroger, May 18, 2005.

1. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Okay, what's the secret formula for cleaning black streaks and mildew from white fiberglass? Also, what do you use on your decks to clean them up? Having a devil of a time keeping my 21' walkaround clean, and it's driving me nuts. I've been on so many charter boats that were so clean at the start of the morning you could eat off them!

Thanks.

2. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

CaptnR,
    I've honestly never tried these products but, guys from another site swear by them.

Here's the link:

http://www.larsensales.com/

Here's what I do:
    I only use this method when the boat is on the trailer.
    For the deck, I'll use a cup of clorine bleach in a bucket of water along with a good cleaner from Autozone called "Extra Strength cleaner" it's in a spray bottle and of course a cleanser (scouring powder). I'll usually spray the cleaner on and scrub the deck using a push type broom/brush along with theclenser and bleach/water solution.
    If my boat is in the water and the deck needs a quick cleaning, I'll use the "Simple Green". It's non-toxic and biodegradable. The stuff actually works pretty good too.
    For the hull a good wash with a high quality automotive shampoo usually does the trick for me followed by a waxing, again with a high quality automotive or marine wax.
    If you don't use a tarp to cover the entire boat you might want to consider doing so. If you go with a tarp, get a couple of those Mildew prevention canisters (Bass Pro or any marine supply store) and leave in the boat to prevent excessive buildup.

3. bassnbuzz

bassnbuzz member

i had a white and teal bass boat and the best i found to clean the white was hull cleaner. you can by it at walmart or kmart ect. and it takes any stain off but its a good idea to wax every time after because it takes it off too.

4. I just joined this group, thanks to Lundy. For cleaning fiberglass or al boats I have several products. Wonderfoam for mineral deposits - white water spots, black marks use Safe Scrub, to shine up and clean at the same time use Restore. Once you have tried these products you will be hooked for sure. Thats how I started selling it. I got hooked and didn't know where to buy it. Now I have a garage full :D . Will give any of you guys or gals a buck off per bottle for call in orders only. 989-837-2681 We have several other products like Biozyme for keeping your live well clean and also to kill bacteria, carpet spot remover S-12, MPC for removing grease, and No Streak for windows etc. Go to my site and get a better explanation on each product if you want. www.larsensales.com Skeeter

5. Just wondering what you found wrong with skeeters products? Like to help you out if I can. What seemed to be the problem? Call or email me anytime or put it right here on the thread. Hardly ever hear about someone saying what you did. Like I said be glad to help you out if I can. Nels