Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In cleaning the walleye this AM, i was removing some left over flesh from my left thumb after cleaning one. I felt something on my thumb moving and looked down and again thought that i still had extra remains on my thumb, but then it moved. It was all white not more than a quarter inch long and not very thick. I could really feel it gripping my skin. Of course after recognizing it wasnt something I wanted on me I got rid of it in the trash sack with the other fish remains.
Does anyone have an idea of what this varmint might have been:confused:

Thanks,

Ron

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Alien14?

Ron....did it come out of your thumb or out of a fish? :)

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bobinstow90,
I hope it came out of the fish and not me. Only open wounds I have on my hands came from taking hooks out of the big sheephead and white bass

Ron

·
Registered
11,333 Posts
That sounds like what is called a crotch cricket. In your case it is a very rare albino and is worth around $1000/$1500 to a research laboratory operating under a government grant investigating their life cycle. There is only one source for this small organism.............................Rolleyes: :D :D

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That sounds like what is called a crotch cricket. In your case it is a very rare albino and is worth around $1000/$1500 to a research laboratory operating under a government grant investigating their life cycle. There is only one source for this small organism.............................Rolleyes: :D :D
Sorry Ron but this bad boy didnt have any legs to rub together to make any cricket sounds:D
But did have something on its underside that made me aware of having something crawling on me:eek:
As far as the money goes, it is still in my trash bag which goes out tomorrow morning and I still plan on letting the trash men take it with them :)

Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts