close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cleaning motor

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by JOE W, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Can someone tell me how to get this stuff off my motor? thanks . joe[​IMG]

2. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

try vinegar. might need to do it couple times.

3. Just for kicks I tried some CLR on my motor this evening. It took the lime crud off pretty well. I'll let you know tomorrow if the paint blisters off.

I remembered I had some white vinegar in the cupboard so I tried that also. It worked better than the CLR and is a lot cheaper. I'm sure its safer too.

4. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

I second using vinegar. I always wipe down the boat and motor after every use so I don't have much of a problem.

5. I will go try the vinegar rite now thanks!

6. I just tried the white vinegar and it did take some of the stuff off. Then I thought since we’re dealing with scum and hard water deposits I tried some Comet bathroom cleaner. Worked great, it took stuff off I have never been able to get off before. Now my old motor looks as good as it did when it was new…plus it’s disinfected and smells lemony fresh. :D

So I would think any bathroom cleaner that is made to deal the soap scum, hard water deposits, lime deposits, etc. should work. Although I’m not sure I would use anything that contained bleach.

Dallas