close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cleaned up the Wittier launch today

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Rainer Wolf, Oct 9, 2004.

1. Was a trashed area for sure...not anymore! Sure feels good. I'll be at O'Shay tomorrow morning for the club finale...I'll give up on the pattern if i find some.

2. I'm always cleaning up my fishing area's. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one doing it, glad to hear I'm not. Some people feel embarrassed to pick up litter, I don't understand it. We can complain about litter bugs all of the time and it does no good. Lets complain about the people who walk over it complaining and not doing anything to help. If everybody on this site would fill up 1 bag of trash when they go out that would make some difference.
    Its not anyones job but it would be cool if it happened.

3. catking

catking Banned

From one sportsman to another........ THANK YOU !!! Rainer for doing things like this. Guys like you and ACTION are what makes this site a pleasure to be part of. The first thing I do at a fishin sight is pick up the trash. I can't enjoy myself looking at the crap. Thanks again guys ;) .CATKING

4. Skooky

Skooky Fish Wizard

I almost always have an extra trash bag or such with me when I am fishing. We (family and I) usually clean up areas we are fishing especially shore fishing. I can't stand to see old bait containers, pop cans or such trashing up a site. We don't feel a bit embarassed by it at all. Most of the time, it's the other people who are fishing close by who are embarassed as they are the ones littering!.

I consider it an honor and the least that I can do to help keep the areas I fish clean and beautiful.

-Jeff

5. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I am with you guys about cleaning up the trash. I was fishing Will's Creek Dam last night and I could not believe the trash I saw in a couple places. The thing with that place is that they have trash cans all over the place. unlike most other areas I fish. I found lots of beer bottle caps, donut bags, and some empty or partially full old chicken liver containers all within 15 feet of a trash can. I think it is sad because they keep these areas fishable for us, we should keep them clean! We as in fisherman, not including those who do clean up. While I was picking up some of this crap, I did find a pocket knife someone left behind sitting by one of the containers. Bad luck for them!

That is one thing I think they should have more of at the lakes. I am speaking for my area of course. I know you can not put a trash cans at every fishing spot, but some of the most used ones would be nice!

6. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

I made a similar post on gofo about 8 months ago.....I think it ended up going 8-9 pages...It was amazing how many people on the site were fed up with trash and took the problem into there own hands...I am one of those people. I routinely a take trash bag w/me, and usually can fill it to the brim on the first trip....On the second trip ( to the same hole) I can fill it halfway. And then on the third trip something amazing happens....there isn’t really anything to clean up..maybe A bottle or A bag...other than that the bank/riparian is pristine....Also I have gotten some strange looks.....like "Is he really cleaning up trash?" I just smile and say hi..then I get the "wow...maybe I should start picking up trash when I see it" look...I dunno if anyone ever noticed but the westside of Griggs was completely spotless all spring and into summer...no basketballs, no cups, no bait containers no nothin'...It only takes 10 minutes per day and a trash bag.

7. i noticed griggs-thanks