close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

clayton's first carp..

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by crappielooker, Mar 22, 2005.

1. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

come on dood.. post them pictures.. :p
    maybe it'll get that certain someone to chum that certain lake of his.. ;) :D

2. catking

catking Banned

Where's the pic carperboy :confused: Chum ? It was like winter the past few days down here. The water is still at 41 degrees. Winter is past for crying out loud......... By the way, I believe I'm off work next Monday & Tuesday :eek: Hopefully it's in the high 50's or low 60's........... CK... Where them pics cw :cool:

3. crappielooker

i'll give ya all a little info first off just get the jizzle goin..
    he landed what looked like a 12-13lber before i got there.. then i landed 1.. then theres a little incident with some handlining carp.. :D

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

cant wait to see um!

5. crappielooker

dood..the water here today was 38F...i checked it today.. ;) . ya goin to chum now?? :D
    ps..take a call for him to post his pics..geeeeze us.. he should be chiming in shortly..
    stay tuned......
    cw..dont forget the details doood.. :p

6. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

If he was handlining carp, he must have been using one of Da Kings reels!

7. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Hey Crappie......

You have a PM doooooood :)

8. Well...after seeing the fish Ak has been pulling out of the river by COSI, I figured it was time for me to try again. Still on a quest for my first carp of the year, I pulled down to the usual spot and set up for a few hours of fishing. This time I was even smart enough to come with some chum. After about an hour and a half of nothing, I noticed some movement on one of my rods...and seconds later I realized that a fish had grabbed my bait and was heading well down stream without me even realizing it. I ran to my rod and landed a nice 10-12 lb common after a short fight. Here's a pic of my first carp of the season:

[​IMG]

A bit later, Ak showed up to join in on the fun and after a short time he landed a nice fat carp...

[​IMG]

Bambi was fishing with me and managed to hook into what felt like a decent fish (on my rod) but didn't realize I had the drag loosened all the way. I just put new line on the reel the other day...and as you can expect, a massive bird's nest resulted when she pulled back on the fish. After a few minutes of untangling...and with the help of Ak's handlining expertise...I managed to gain control of the fish just in time for it to swim into a rock. Never even got to see the fish...and it was my last hookup of the day, though there were a few more lite bites, but not enough to hook into them. Overall, it was a good day to at least land my first carp of the season.

9. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Way to go CW.......AK, are you kissing that carp...or...licking it??????????

Whats the earliest in the year you guys have landed carp before(out of cold water)...?

Mine would be Feb 28th 2004 at CFD the weekend of the CAG Video/Bait day.

10. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

sure ya was.......i believe ya!!...lol

Scott

11. hmnmnmn:confused:
    Taste Test Ak ?? :eek:
    If it taste like carp smells like carp then it must be... ;)

12. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

January 15........olentangy River. Water temp of 35

13. This fish was the earliest (and coldest) I've landed a carp yet. Last year I had one hooked in late February, but it came off at the bank. The water now is definitely frigid...but I've been surprised to see how active the fish have been, though most of the bites have been much liter.

14. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

CW, the bites ive been getting have also been lite at times, but the ones that hit it and ran were the ones that really wanded it.....all the carp caught the other day with AK were alarm screamers....38 degree water temp.

Last winter i had the same thing, the light taps were not of fish really wanting to feed, but the ones that were hungary took off as normal.
    Which makes me think since ive caught smallies ever month as early as New Years day....they all hit very well, so im guesing if you can find a good deep carp wintering hole and put baits in there faces, the hungary ones will take line too.
    Heck you see those guys on the CAG board catching carp through the ice.....gets ya thinking!!!!

Scott

15. catking

catking Banned

Well it does help getting out of your chair and going fishin :rolleyes: DA KING !!! :cool:

16. crappielooker

rick..maan..u don't understand how many times i have call him and basically beg him to come and join me on the bank.. but nooooo..he never wanted to come.. turned around one day and baam..he was there fishin..lol.. surprise the heck outta me.. :D

17. crappielooker

the fish i caught today was pretty fiesty... first one almost ripped the rod off my pod today..right before jake pulled up.. biggest one was 15lbs.. total of 5 in 2 hour window.. cold as hell out..as usual the weatherman was off by a long mile..lol
    oh..i have to say thanks to jake for helping me out with my net today while i had a double..thanks maan..i dont know what i would have done without u there.. :)

18. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

All i want to know is this....did ya give him a proper fish spankin today AK...?
    Dont worry if ya did, hes used to it...lol...lol..hehehehe.

Scott

19. crappielooker

i'll just let you ask him that yerself.. lol