Ohio Game Fishing banner
1861 - 1880 of 1934 Posts

· On the back 9 and loving it!
10,874 Posts
I saw Heart live at the Charleston Civic Center in the mid 80's. Backup band was Kansas.
I once read a story, in Rolling Stone I believe, about Kansas' days as an opening act. They'd sleep in the motorcoach as it drove through the night, dress, and check in when they got to their hotel. They would go to the venue for sound check and head back to the hotel. Then back to the venue for the show wearing the same jeans, tee shirts, and sneakers they had worn all day!

That is, until the tour where they opened for Queen. They'd stand in the wings and look at the costumes, and the changes. After the tour they talked and decided that they needed to take their act up a notch!

10,874 Posts
It's John McEuen's birthday today. He is now 77 years old, and still going strong.

I know it's not classic rock, but It's still damn fine playing. I saw one of his Sons perform with Dave Mason at a local venue. What a show!

10,874 Posts
For those who might not know, I forgot to mention that he is one of the founding members of the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.

10,874 Posts
The very first time I heard Rocky Mountain Way was live at the State Theater Hall of Music in downtown Youngstown. Joe and Barnstorm about blew the roof off the dump! I also remember Joe being interviewed on the Bob & Tom radio show when Tom Griswold, a Cleveland area guy, asked Joe what was next. This was after one of the Eagles never ending farewell tours. Joe said, "Well, Jimmy and Dale are still playing, so I've been thinking that maybe we could put the old James Gang back together." Griswold lost his mind! "OH, Joe please! Joe please! Oh god! Please Joe, please!"

1861 - 1880 of 1934 Posts