Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 909 Posts

·
The end is near
6,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many if you have seen me post up a song from Deep Purple or another group. Well, I thought why not one of nothing but Classic Rock from the 60's and 70's. But with a small twist. And EZ...no 80's Hair Bands allowed. This ain't Rogaine Rocks. :)
The twist is a small intro into the song. I'll start it out with one of my top 3 groups. I remember buying this album. As a matter of fact, I still have it. That and my old Sansui stereo. 200 watt speakers. (Prolly why I have Tinnitus today!)
One of my favorite albums. Led Zeppelin's Houses of the Holy. Over the Hill
Crank it up!

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Sometimes when you look up old favorite titles on youtube, you can find a lot of material that never made it to the vinyl. One good example is The Who's Live at Leeds that has all the familiar cuts from the LP but at least as much other material.

Or, remember the album cover for a Blind Faith album, showing a bare-breasted teenage girl holding a model of some kind of supersonic jet? (You couldn't print that these days.) The digital version of that album goes on and on and it's all good jams that you've seldom heard.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Sometimes when you look up old favorite titles on youtube, you can find a lot of material that never made it to the vinyl. One good example is The Who's Live at Leeds that has all the familiar cuts from the LP but at least as much other material.

Or, remember the album cover for a Blind Faith album, showing a bare-breasted teenage girl holding a model of some kind of supersonic jet? (You couldn't print that these days.) The digital version of that album goes on and on and it's all good jams that you've seldom heard.
Blind Faith was a superband in its time for sure. Ginger Baker just died the other day.

·
The end is near
6,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For anyone who didn't know, Neil Young made a retro rock album titled Everybody's Rockin' with a 1950s rock sound.

Thanks Cosmo. That's bittersweet with me, while I do like Neil Young, I don't care for the du-whoop sound.
Kinda like your MIL driving over the cliff in your brand spanking new Corvette. :confused:
(Kidding, I love mine) (MIL that is)

·
The end is near
6,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whenever I go Musky fishing in my friends boat, he always has QFM 96 on the radio and we play, Name That Song and/or Artist. I love that game. Some we can get in about 2 or 3 seconds. You have to be on your toes!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
remember the album cover for a Blind Faith album, showing a bare-breasted teenage girl holding a model of some kind of supersonic jet?
I still have that album/cover. Make me an offer!

Since I’m among true classic rock fans, here’s a question? How are ELP & Jethro Tull NOT in the Rock HOF? Disgraceful!!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Thanks for posting Lazy, early Zepplin, The Who, Cream, Yardbirds, CSN and others were the bands I grew up listening to. Still enjoy them to this day.
Yep. Just when CD’s started going out of style, I began collecting all the great stuff that I still enjoy today. My Honda Odyssey is that last year w/CD player. It will need to outlast me....

·
Super Moderator
3,853 Posts
'LIGHTS OUT' UFO 1977 Live at the Roundhouse

The Sizzling licks of 19yoa MICHAEL SCHENKER/UFO opened the gates to a new generation of guitar playing

and Michael's predecessor ULI JON ROTH

SCORPIANS 'WE`LL BURN THE SKY' 1978

1 - 20 of 909 Posts