Classic Comics

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bluebuster6912, May 13, 2008.

1. I was cleaning out a closet at home and run across a box full of collectors comic books i aquired a few years ago. Does any body know who I could contact about finding out how much they are worth or even sell them to.
    Not for sure if I should just take them to a comic book store and see if them want to by them or they would just be out to rip me off Any info would be appreciated

2. go to a bookstore and get a wizard price guide. i collect comics and thats what i go by

3. I have a bunch of superhero comics all from the early 70's, 5 or 6 series of 12, 24 or 36 issues in a row I have kept since I was a young un, anyways went to a local shop in Dayton and had the guy go through all of them, about 80 of em, he said the collection was not worth maybe 10 bucks, but I noticed while he was doing all his calculations that some he had of the same issues in worse shape he was selling for 4-5 bucks each. Funny part was he kept telling me he would gladly give me the 10 bucks for the whole collection and kept bringing it up, like he wanted it for nothing, even called me up a week later to see if I still had them and he would swing by and pick them up since he was in the neighborhood. ( No thanks, Ill just keep them another 25 years and check again) I wont mention there name but a major player here in Dayton, so be careful if you get them appraised that they may try to get em for nothing.

Salmonid