Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Uber Tuber
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my daughter out last night hoping to find some crappie or any left over trout. Wind was feirce out of the NE and we hid in a cove. She would have done well if she wasn't so interested in the minnows and would've paid attention to her bobber. Got a couple small crappies right of the bat then they just stoped, was dead for about an hour then around 7 the cats started hitting, got 4 in about hour.

·
click...click...click
1,508 Posts
did the cats have any size to them or were they those little 10 inch or less channels?

·
Uber Tuber
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no pics, didn't bring the camera.

Cats were in the 9" to 12" range.

·
click...click...click
1,508 Posts
take some night crawlers out there and fish on the bottom and you could fill a small pickup with the channels 7"-12" and bullheads up to 2lbs

·
Uber Tuber
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya, used to fish that place alot as a teenager, we'd kill em just like you said. When did they start alowing 9.9hp on the lake? might have to take the crawdad out when its less windy.

·
Registered
142 Posts
When did they start alowing 9.9hp on the lake? QUOTE]

I was wondering that myself. I noticed it on the ODNR site a month ago. Not sure if it was added recent or not. Last time I visit the ODNR site for Clark lake was 2 years ago, and at that time it was electric only. 9.9 hp seems pretty strong for that lake...especially if you don't know the depth and are running close to the south shore line.

I caught a few nice channel cats last year from my jon boat with nightcrawler on bobber. One was East side of shore where a creek comes into the lake. There's some large carp in their as well.

Too bad they close the park at dusk...or has that changed to?

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
The 9.9 limit change and sign went up fall of 2005.
The park only closes at dusk for non-fisherman; I have been out there at all hours of the night as I gig and catch OH river bait there

1 - 8 of 8 Posts