close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Clark Lake crappie

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Flathead King 06, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

Went out Saturday evening with a few buddies to catch some bait to go cattin' later that night and ended up getting into the crappie.... we caught around 15 or so bluegill all around 5" one would have gone about 9" and then the crappie bite picked up.... we couldnt catch any gills for the rest of the time there due to all the crappie, but that was ok with me when I hooked into a good one.... thought I had caught a LM at fish then I saw it come up.... 13" crappie right off the boat dock about 3 1/2' deep with a waxworm... the crappie we caught all had big bellies on them so it looks like they are getting ready to go on nest here soon

[​IMG]

2. Good work Flathead! That's the best kind of fishing: when your going out to find one kind and get into a mess of another! Today was kind of cold, but the crappie should be spawning in the next couple weeks. Now's the time!

Good Luck,
    Damny

3. Way to go on the gills and the nice papermouth flatheadking!

4. Shopped! LOL.

Pics dont do that fish justice man. It was huge. 2 Sa'miches?

Here is another view of it... Nose to tail touched both sides of the bucket.

[​IMG]