close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

clark lake carp fish-in..

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by crappielooker, Jul 13, 2005.

1. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

its this coming weekend.. i will be leaving here in the morning on friday to meet with phil davenport and help him chummed up the area.. this lake is around 100acres..
    see you there!!

2. I don't know if I will be going or not. I need to see if this hurricane stuff is going to be gone by then. Having to camp at the other lake is kinda turning my g/f off to the idea. Which means I could go by myself, which is a bonus!!

Jake

3. crappielooker

i think what we are experiencing is it.. :)
    guess i'll still see you there.. lol

4. where to find more info, directions etc? that could be fun plus I really want to get out of town this weekend
    Greg

5. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

6. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

You guys should do well on this lake, I told crappielooker several years ago there were some huge carp in Clark, I'll be out there on friday getting bait for the weekend, I'll look you guys up.

7. crappielooker

i'll see ya on friday doc.. :)

8. Looks like I'll be fishing this one rain or shine. Haven't caught a carp since April or so...I'm looking forward to a couple days of fishing. Should be there sometime on friday.

9. crappielooker

i just got off the phone with phil davenport, he's there fishing/chummin with his grandkid right now.. he said the carp are showing themselves everywhere.. i heard one splash thru the phone.. :)
    i still planned on leaving columbus tomorrow morning..
    ps.. he also mentioned that there is a minor road constructions there today, should be done by the weekend.. :) but just in case, i suggest anyone driving from columbus or any point to get off at rt 54 on I-70.. go north, along the way you will see the sign on the right pointing you to turn left onto columbus rd.. turn left.. go until u see vernon-ashbury rd and turn right(north) .. the park entrance will be on yer right.. :) if you gets lost or not sure, PM me and i'll give you my cell number so u can call along the way.. :)
    see y'all there.. :)

10. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Ok Now with Phil reporting fish........I am officially going!! Gotta try out the new gear but if it starts raining I'm putting them up. Too dag gone nice to get wet!!lol

11. crappielooker

geeze us.. no need to baby yer new stuff.. its gotta get used sooner or later.. wuss.. :rolleyes: :D

12. BigChessie

Ok thats it I'm calling Mellon and see if he wants to go catch some CATFISH!! :p

13. crappielooker

have fun with the kitties.. :D meeeow..

14. BigChessie

BTW Did I mention that Lucy was looking for a weekend get away......Think I'll put her in your apt while your gone. I'm sure she will be happy to see you after being stuck in there a couple days without A/C and she will be nice and hungry :D

15. catking

catking Banned

I'll be heading up Saturday in the AM . Be nice to see all you carpers again. I am headed to Bass Pro Shop right now .. ;) ... hell , I even bought my fishin license yesterday.............:cool: ........... THE CATKING !!!

16. crappielooker

i'm waiting on bigchessie to come here, then we will be on our way there.. gonna do some pre-baiting for everyone.. :)
    see you all there..

17. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

We should be there by 4 today.

18. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Just came from Clark Lake, met Phil and BigChessie, Ak was out in the chummin machine dumping gallons of that gross stuff in the lake, The Shad are moving in on his chum but nobody has seen a carp yet, think most of them were just getting set-up out there, I threw the cast net a few times and gathered a couple dozen Shad for the weekend, going back out later and see how they are doing and get more Shad.

19. catking

catking Banned

I did go to Bass Pro Shop and purchased a nice rod for carpin .... Very nice 9' ugly stick ... put the brand new Epixor reel on it and the whole rig looks like a million bucks.... If I don't catch fish at least I'll dazzle them.... :cool: ....... See you all in the AM ............ DA KING !!!

20. bmffishing247

bmffishing247 Fishing Is Life!

I saw at the CJ bait store that they have allowed gas motors on this lake. up to 10 hp just wondering if this is true. i went up there one time last year and it looks like a nice place to fish. i know i saw alot of carp in there last year. don't they stock that place with trout every year.

BMF :G