close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Clarette to Broncos

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by ParmaBass, Apr 23, 2005.

1. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Pick #101. I guess we'll see how he does.

2. He will be a SUPERSTAR for another team in 3 years.

3. Heck, he's in Denver's system. ALL their RBs get 1,400 yards.

4. bird

bird

2008 he will shine.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  5. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Unfortunately, I agree. He will shine eventually. He is a jerk that stabbed OSU's back, but the kid is talented.

6. Denvers system and O-line will make him look about 3 times better than he is. Look at all the 1000 yeard backs they had after Terrell Davis. Half of them arnt even playing anymore. I think the only good RB the Broncos have had the last ten years was Terrell Davis.

7. but I think he'll bust as soon as he takes a good shot on those shoulders...which I don't think will take too long. :D Too slow. Not slow and quick ie. Emmitt Smith or Barry Sanders but slow...like Ron Dayne. :D We'll see. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it. :)

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

T.Davis, O.Gary, M.Anderson, C.Portis, Q.Griffin, R.Drouhens, next year T.Bell will getoo 1k yards and I'f I'm not mistaken all those were 2nd rd+ guys. Heck M.Anderson was in the US Marines & not even drafted.

9. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

Did you hear his press confrece today...sounds to me like the boy has done some growing up....says hes just ready to get to work....Maybe he's learned the hard way

10. Maybe or hes just putting on a show to make himself look better. Take your pick.

11. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

Only time will tell

12. But did you also hear in that same press conference that he studdurded before saying college? He said he was excited now to get back to work as he was when he was a freshman in college. He couldn't even say Ohio State. The college that gave him a change and then he screwed over. I say within 3 years he will be out of football. Either he will get injured or he will get too big for his britches and his mouth will do more running than his legs will. We'll see how fast he signs his contract. He said he wouldn't hold out but I bet he does for more money. That's all he's after. He's not there to play. He's there to see his name in the headlines and for the money.

13. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I can't believe he went that high after all of the whole soap opera. I hope he fails, personally. You don't get an opportunity that golden handed to you on a silver platter and spit in the face of the person holding it. Sorry.

14. He's a slow running headcase period.

15. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

Normally I don't get up on my soap box, but this is something I can't stand...If there was ever a person who didn't deserve this, it's this man...I watched as we beat Michigan to go on to the title game while little whiny butt pouted on the sideline that he wasn't in...The whole team was going nuts while he was alone...For someone who ran awful times in the combine, blew his first round chance, #@%%$ OSU, and pulled the race card on Andy Geiger, this just makes me sick...The Broncos will probably make him into a good back, no doubt........Then we will all hear how this kid overcame so much adversity to rise to the top and he will continue to paint OSU with a bad brush...Hoping he doesn't it make it through preseason so I don't have to listen to dumbo, premadonna smash my buckeyes anymore! :mad:

16. I just wish they would stop associating him with Ohio State. He was not drafted out of Ohio State. He was drafted out of his basement. He is no longer a Buckeye. Whether it be current or former. After what he has done to the University I'll be damned if I ever call him an ex/former Buckeye. I did like what was said about him on Saturday morning during the first couple of picks. He was called an "I player" not a team player and he was also called a "Quitter." I'm not sure if there is any other way to describe him.

17. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Here-Here.

The only thing I have to add is LIER, DISRESPECTFUL (yellign at coaches on sideline) and CHEATER!

18. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I'll betcha he's a hold out for money and misses camp!!!

19. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

Dont get me wrong i still cant stand the guy ....but like i said We'll SEE....GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

20. I had lunch with a current NFL headcoach (he is a tax client of my firm) 2 weeks ago.

I asked him about Mo and this is a basic summary straight from a NFL headcoach:

Mo has matured 100% in the last 12 months. He is definately a more mature
    person with a better outlook. Mo is not a hard worker (by league standards); and most around the league do not think he will ever become a hard worker. He said Mo has always been more physically mature than his competition; even as a freshman
    @ OSU (he set the benchpress mark his freshman year until it was topped last year by Ross). He is used to being more physically developed and having his way on the field - this will not happen in the NFL. Obviously, these guys are the best athletes in the world. He says Mo proved nothing while playing college ball - OSU barely won 5 games in 02, he missed 3 games and suffered 2 injuries. Mo is too slow to fit most schemes. If he had 4.45 speed or better, he would be a much more attractive athlete.

He expected Mo to be drafted, but not as early as he went. In his opinion, he does not think Mo will make it through the mini camps without injury. He thinks he is a tad too slow and that his body will not be able to hold up to the punishment. His team had zero interest.

Another tid bit: At Mo's workout the first time he did the shuttle run his foot did not touch the line and the scouts asked him to do it again - Mo refused! After refusing a second time, a scout told him to either run it again now, or they were all on the way back to the airport. Mo changed shoes and after a 10 minute rest rerun the shuttle!