close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Clarett about to get canned

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by captnroger, Aug 29, 2005.

1. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

2. Smallie Gene

Smallie Gene Banned

I was hearing where they were saying Clarett wasn't even good enough for their practice squad. Kinda feel sad for the guy because I really think that he was convinced that he was the next Lebron James, maybe Ohio State will hire his as running backs coach????

3. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

I don't feel sorry for him. Besides, I'm sure someone will pick him up.

4. The Raiders or Dallas should pick him up. I think he would fit in with either team. I would have loved to been in the room when they were discussing his contract options. He gave up $400,000 signing bonus for a contract that only paid big money IF he played. I don't think he would have played enough even if he wasn't getting cut. Some people just don't learn.

5. Dirtballs only roll downhill.

6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

no surprize to me :rolleyes:
    i just don't think he's gonna make it anywhere with the weak mind and weak body.he might have a small chance at arena ball,but i seriously doubt he'll ever be more than injury ridden wannabe with only pipe dreams of making big bucks and being a big star.
    i do think at least part of the problem has been negative influences by others.if he'd had more of the right people around him,AND listened,things may have been different.the positive influences just weren't eneough to overcome the negativity.

7. What goes around-comes around. As far as Labron James...now that's a class act. His Mama ought to be REAL proud of that boy.

8. Maybe he will sue the NCAA to get reinstated by Ohio State! How far the mighty have fallen.

9. Fishing-Miller23

Fishing-Miller23 It's Miller Time!

I thought that if Clarett played in Denver he would do good because anybody can rush for 1000 yards there. But not now, maybe he will play in Canada or Europe.

10. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Serves him right! He had all the opportunity in the world and he shot himself in the foot and then shot himself in the other foot. I don't feel any pain for him.

11. His big head has a very thick skull which accounts for the small brain. :D

12. I told ya. :) Quote from the draft regarding him going to Denver:
    I may be going out on a limb here...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but I think he'll bust as soon as he takes a good shot on those shoulders...which I don't think will take too long. Too slow. Not slow and quick ie. Emmitt Smith or Barry Sanders but slow...like Ron Dayne. We'll see. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

13. Mr. "bighead" got JUST what he deserved.....hadn't even proved he was durable in college, yet figured he could play with the "big boys"!!.......I smell another Ben Gay....I have maintained for years that the difference in Hall of Fame players & great athletes who are "so-so" is in the knowledge of the "whole game", NOT just their position. Reaction time improves when the ability to analyze is there & the great ones have that. Humility also helps & Mr C needs a solid dose of that. I have ALWAYS been bugged by the "best available athlete" philosophy in the draft. I LOVE Phil Savage's statement....."I don't want athletes, I want FOOTBALL players". Watch the Browns....they're building now, but, IMHO, we have a management & coaching philosophy in place with Phil & Romeo that will bring a consistent winner for the 1st time since the Paul Brown era..."teamwork, knowledge, attitude & intensity"..I don't count Marty S as he & his damned prevent blew literally EVERY big game.
    Mike