Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
click...click...click
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went out tonight for a few hours just to mess around and catch some bluegill and managed to catch a 4lb smallmouth from out of the marina at cj brown... caught it on a 2 inch white mister twister around the rocks

·
Registered
274 Posts
Thats a great smallie from any watershed let alone CJ!
Nice job!
Salmonid
That certainly is a nice smallie. CJ is underrated for its population and quality of fish. I'm still shocked the ODNR doesn't list smallmouth as one of its species and give a forecast. Maybe they don't want to, but I've caught several nice ones out of there while fishing for something else. And if you fish at night, several other fishermen know too. They will fish a certain part of the lake at night specifically for large smallmouth.

·
click...click...click
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea... they do under-rate the lake for its smallmouth population because a buddy of my dad's caught one last year at the marina off the rocks that was almost 6lbs... but thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
How long was that smallie? Seems as though a 4lber would be pushing fish Ohio status. I've caught numerous fish 18"- 19" from there that only weighed 3.5 to 3.75lbs this time of year.

·
click...click...click
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea it measured 21 inches...so it just made the mark for fish ohio

1 - 6 of 6 Posts