close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CJ report for 6/19/04

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fshman_165, Jun 20, 2004.

1. fshman_165

fshman_165 CJ Eye Hunter

Went out at 7am today, and quickly found out that the high pressure front that moved through really slowed down the bite. I went out to the trestle flats and only caught 3 small eyes. I did get to meet Itroll2, he was on the west side of the trestle when I got there (nice to have met you Itroll !) I saw Itroll decide to start trolling the north end, and we decided to start hitting all the spots. We found a few keeper eyes in an old farmhouse foundation. We did get 4 keepers (all about 17 inches) but man did we have to work for them! It took us 4.5 hours and 5 different spots to get 8 fish (4 keepers and 4 short) When this bluebird sky goes away, it will return to normal. :cool:

2. itroll2

itroll2 fishin IS heaven on earth

ended up with 2 keepers trolling. walley diver silver at a 3mph speed. tried 2 spot u 2 c if u wanted the 2 keepers, but mother nature called. headed n 2beat the yahoos. it was a pleasue, pete. not many offer 2 show all there sweet spot honey holes. ill give u a post when i can make it again. i plan on this comming wed. if u dont have a partner, we can hook up in the stratos. i really liked 2 kick down that 150 & swing wide on the nut that flew thru the no wake on us. he just looked @ me. sorry, i could not resist.

3. fshman_165

fshman_165 CJ Eye Hunter

IT2,

I'll be on the lake by 7 am off by 11 am. If you are coming up, maybe we can meet at the ramp at 7.

4. itroll2

c ya then. ever try vibe es, chubs, or shiners on the eyes? r there any perch n there?

5. Gobi Muncher

Gobi Muncher mmmm.....tasty!

itroll2,
    There are perch in there, don't know about finding many with any size, but so far this year I have caught 20 or so in the 7 inch range while crappie fishing. Haven't targeted the perch, but there has to be some decent ones in there somewhere.

6. fshman_165

fshman_165 CJ Eye Hunter

There are plenty of small ones but we have'nt gotten into the jumbos in at least 6 years. I do have a spot that will give 8 to 9 inchers up :D :D It is in the north end and in a very shallow area. When I boat eyes they often spit up perch. There are plenty of shad in this lake but the eyes key on small perch.
    If you pick up small ones the eyes will be there.

7. fshman_165

fshman_165 CJ Eye Hunter

Yes, I do use them and they can be deadly when I target deeper suspended fish. The vibes usually will get mugged by the white bass until your arm wants to fall off. Just a warning :)

8. itroll2

thanks gobi. i catch perch @ cc. usually on pieces of crawler, on bottom, tight line on a very shallow weedy flat with a break line close by. they have learned 2 hug bottom or be bait. they have all been 7 - 9 ".fshman, thanks 2 u 2. c -u -n the am. from what i have found so far, betcha i know a place n the north end where perch SHOULD be.