close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CJ fishing report for 6/18/04

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fshman_165, Jun 19, 2004.

1. fshman_165

fshman_165 CJ Eye Hunter

The trolling bite is really heating up. Most people that I talked to on the lake today had anywhere from 2 to 6 keeper eyes. Most people are picking them up with shad raps, glass shad or wally divers. They are trolling about 10 to 12 feet down at about 3 to 3.5 mph, zig zag. The hot colors are silver-blue, silver-black gold or gold-black.The old road beds and creek channel are the top producers. We caught over 50 today, but most were 14 to 14.5. I am still using jigs and crawlers to pick up mine. The numbers of fish being caught is amazing, and it looks like the next two years are going to be :D :D My son did catch a 26.5 today, and a couple 19's were mixed in with the little ones.

2. itroll2

itroll2 fishin IS heaven on earth

fshman, thanks 4 rr tressle tip. we found it. caught 3 keepers. got as close as we could as 2 other boats were camped , 1 on each side. im not 1 2 squeeze n so we fished right outside them. tried to talk to them. 1 was tight lipped, other was verrry helpful. he has the spot fixed on his gps. wish i had 1.

3. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

I do recall fishing CC on Father's Day a few years back ('96?) and the bite was on, the saugeyes were close to the bank tearing up shad. I was casting shad raps & hot n tots in 3-4' of water, bumping bottom hard, let it pause a second & bam !!
    I'm going to have to try CC or Brookville now.

4. fshman_165

fshman_165 CJ Eye Hunter

Itroll,
    Good job! It can be tough to find, especially if you are not on C.J. a lot. There are small flats around it, most of the eyes that hang around the flats do not show up on most fish finders. They hold real tight to the bottom. Drag a jig tipped with nite crawler (no twister tail) across the bottom, they will simply pick it up. The fishing is getting better by the day. I went out this am, we caught
    over 40 (2 hours) with just a couple being keepers. This was my worst day so far for keeper eyes. I will start to target a deep jigging area that gives up the 5 to 8lbers ( for two weeks around the end of June.) Let me know if you come back up, pm me and i will give you some more tips. :)

5. itroll2

itroll2 fishin IS heaven on earth

help accepted & appreciated. comming up sun. am on fathers day. all 3 sons have to work days so we r having a fathers day cookout in the pm. im gonna try 2 b there at daybreak. fish n get out b4 the yahoos show up. if u r there im in a silver/blue stratos. what time does it get crazy so i have a heads up to head n?

6. fshman_165

fshman_165 CJ Eye Hunter

No later than 10 to 10:30 am, after that all bets are off. That lake gets some serious traffic. Thanks to the DNR for the whole North end no wake zone :) :) that north end is protected from the yahoos, but it's getting off the lake thats the trick. I'll be up on the trestle in the Am and off the lake by 10am.

7. fshman, we looked all over for an old map that showed the rr tressle but couldn't find one. we must have gone over it though because we covered the whole north end looking for it. do you have a gps marking for it? if not could you pm me and get me hunting in the right direction? we did manage to get a couple off of the humps, one of them a keeper just barely.

thanks
    all thumbs

8. fshman_165

fshman_165 CJ Eye Hunter

Thumbs,
    I'll Pm ya and give you directions to find it.

:)

9. thanks,
    i would really appreciate it.
    all thumbs

10. fshman_165

fshman_165 CJ Eye Hunter

Thumbs,
    Pm'ed ya, you should be squared away. Let me know how ya do. :)

11. fshman,
    got the pm, now we know where to look. thanks alot.

all thumbs