close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CJ fishing report 8/31/04

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Crazy4Smallmouth, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Slow day on the lake but managed to catch two 18" walleye. One on a crawler harness and one on a jig/crawler. Both were in 10 to 12 fow. Even the bluegill, catfish and perch were shutdown today. Fished for 6 hours. Partly cloudy, 78 degrees, 0 to 5 mph winds from nw, lake to myself for the most part.

2. Man, that's not what I wanted to hear! :) I'm going to CJ this weekend camping at Buck Creek, and planned to do some very early a.m. fishing and late p.m. fishings (crowds) for walleye. Any specific colors on the harness and jig? Did you try tossing any spoons out or trolling? Trying to decide if I should take my Leadcore Trolling Rig and spoons with me as well.....

Anyone else have any recent CJ reports or hotspots they are willing to share? I asked a few members via PM for some help w/ GPS info on some of the spots I have heard mentioned by name, but apparently no one wants to give up the favorites :)

3. Just to clarify the above, I'm specifically looking for general GPS info on spots I have heard mentioned by name like "the old road bed", "the gravel pit", "creekbed" and things of that nature. In reading through alot of the old posts regarding CJ I have seen these mentioned, but am not familiar with the lake at all. I'm not looking for anyones sweet spot, just some of the underwater geography that might be conducive to catching some Walleye.

This will be the first time I've fished for Walleye anywhere other than Lake Erie (which I'm familiar with in great detail - grew up across the street from it in Lorain). Just hoping someone might give me some pointers for this lake, and whether or not all of my Lake Erie gear is worth bringing (trolling rods, dipseys, bottom bouncers, etc).

One last thing, are there any (to speak of) yellow perch in CJ?

Thanks in advance.

4. Thanks to all who have responded thus far, I appreciate the info and will hopefully have some nice info and pics to share when I return Monday. Please keep the info coming, there's no such thing as too much information!!