close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CJ fishing report 8/24/04

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Crazy4Smallmouth, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Hit the water at 8 am and started fishing in 12 fow in the north end. Caught fish on the first two casts, but not walleye. Ended up with one walleye in the north end on a jig and nightcrawler. Went to the hump area and caught four walleye on both jig/crawler and carolina rigged floating jig head/nightcrawler. Only one keeper out of the five. All the others were 14"! Quit at 1 pm. It was partly cloudy with about a 5-10 mph S wind. Could have been better, but at least I wasn't skunked. Also caught bluegill, catfish and crappie.

2. catking

catking Banned

Thanks for the fishing report for CJ. I wish this lake was a bit closer to me. I really like to fish it. Thanks again.THE CATKING !!!

3. I'll be there sunday morning bass fishing. If anyone knows something I need to know, let me know. Otherwise, when I get back, I'll have a full report. I've never been there. thx

4. catking

catking Banned

Good luck to you Rainer......Looking forward to that report........ CK :)

5. Gobi Muncher

Gobi Muncher mmmm.....tasty!

If the weather is nice, be prepared to stay all day or leave around 11:30 before all heck breaks loose. Caught a couple of smallies and 1 LM off the rocks of the marina breakwall the other night. Gobi Series Venom tube w/ 1/8oz head. Good Luck.

6. Stretch

Stretch Wishin I was fishin

The last few times I have fished CJ, I have used rattle traps. I fish the opposite side of the ramp along shore line about 40 to 50 yards out. Have caught some smallies by the crable house (there is a rock bed near there). Also have got some nice LM back in the over flow cove. Good Luck to you....Stretch

7. caught 3 keepers weighing 4lbs. All three very early, around the boat ramp area. I wound up with 3rd. Lots of dinks. all on jig. The fella who won my club tourney , Chuck, had a limit weighing 11.34lbs!!!! shalllow.

thx for the help