Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
You might want to post this over on the southwest section as that's where most of the CJ people are. As for your question, yes the walleye were hitting as of late last week, but are scattered more than in the past few years. Most no deeper than 15' and they have been pretty color specific, although I'm sure the preference will have changed by now with the rain making the water more stained.
Good luck

·
Registered
201 Posts
T-180 is correct. Look in the Southwest Forum and there are couple of threads going on the CJ Brown. Always being updated. Read through the more recent stuff that go back maybe a week or two at the most. Walleyes are definitely biting. Fish Fish Bass Fish products Seafood
Food Fish Cuisine
. The pictures are from a couple of weeks ago. Good luck.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Attachments

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Nice eyes BuckIfan09!
I've been trolling a lot at some of our central Ohio impoundments with a bit of luck for the other kind of eyes. Another note, the white bass are chasing schools of bait and are up top quite a bit now if you want to switch up and do something different.

·
Registered
201 Posts
If things gear down with the walleye bites, I'll target WB and crappies. Whenever I'm out on the reservoir and the shad start jumping around, I will pull out the rooster tail and throw into the mess. I think it was 3 years ago, I caught about 200 WB over a 3 hour period. It was fun, only kept about 15 of them from the ones I caught. My fishing line was stretched and frayed by the end of that. We decided to quit and fish for walleye, lets just say it was very slow the rest of the day.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.