close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CJ Brown

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by catfishhunter1, Apr 7, 2004.

1. catfishhunter1

catfishhunter1 Doc's personal net boy

Ok had a blast today fishing with doc. We put 22 fish in the boat today with the biggest being 4lbs12oz. Got to break in the new rod and reel i got yesterday with my first fish being a carp :eek: Doc it was nice meeting u and thanks for everything hope we can do that again. Donnie it was nice meeting u too hope we can get out soon. :D :D ;)

2. traphunter

traphunter Guest

How deep were the cats? Thanks

3. catfishhunter1

Hey traphunter im not sure lol i dont fish this lake that much. When doc rings in maybe he can answer that for u. :cool:

4. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

They were in less than 3 feet of water- usually less. The cats pile up back in the back end of the lake and chow on the shad that get wind-blown back into the area. Doc has mentioned "sight fishing" for cats back there- you can see their backs sticking out of the water sometimes they are so shallow.

When I fished up there with him, I was anchored in 3 feet of water and was fishing in 2 feet. Pretty wild. The cats don't have much room to dive so they run instead.

Doc has caught some nice ones up there. 10 lbs + over the years.

UFM82

5. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

catfishhunter1,

Had a great time also, we launched about 8am this morning ran over to the marina looking for bait couldn't find any told Chris I was going to take a look at a spot where an underground spring is located, didn't see any Shad till I went to turn the boat around and a big cloud appeared on the screen, Bingo got a couple hundred and met Donnie at the ramp and off we headed to the North end, the lake was like glass.

Fished about an hour maybe picked up a small fish the wind started in from the North and the cats started hammering the bait :D :D :D

Three times we had doubles on the poles, once we had three rods down at the same time, Chris was having a blast but we had to stop right in the middle of an awesome bite as I had to go to work :mad: :mad: Major Bummer!!! So we fished from about 9am till 11:30 not bad at all.

Cats were caught on small pieces of three inch Shad, boat was sitting in 2.2 foot of water and we were throwing into 1 foot of water on a gravel flat, water temp was at 51 degrees.

Larry is going out tonight with his family and see if he can put Josh my Grandson on his first cat boy he was all set to go with Grandpa when I stopped over there to drop bait off at Larry's house had his coat and was ready to go..........Doc

6. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Sounds like you guys had a good time. My boat should be up and ready to go sometime on Saturday. If Im real lucky I can take it out on Sunday for a test run. :D

7. Doctor

I just saw what was under your avatar, :D :D :D :D :D too funny....Doc

8. catking

catking Banned

That is funny :D Sounds like a good time to me. Wonder why the Blues are not back there at this time. They should be if they follow other blues patterns. They should be really shallow now :confused: CATKING.

9. Doctor

Not sure why, Donnie caught a small one today, but these fish are not following the same pattern as the last 5 years, I looked back at my notes and on 3-27-03 ChuckP and I put 7 cats in the boat 4 of which were over 10# each, they really drew down this lake a long way this year, farthest I have ever seen it, maybe they will turn on in a couple of weeks, maybe a good ole gully washer spring rain will get them going, just not sure, I may try live Shad the next time out...........Doc

10. firecat

firecat Larry Lange

We didn't even have a bump either you guys were on the only fish in the lake or they moved out of the area that you were in earlier in the day. We had a great time and got to have Josh out on the boat he really likes to drive the boat.

Larry

Hey Donnie, did you have any more trouble at the ramp? Ha Ha!

11. catfishhunter1

hahahaha i figured u like that :D :D :D

12. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Catfish.. At least now we know what you're good for. When my boat is all done you can be my net boy now. :D

13. catfishhunter1

u gotta catch fish for me to be a net boy. :D :eek: :D