Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone send me a link showing current level for CJ?

I know it has been posted here before. I did multiply searches to find an old thread, but couldn't find one. Thanks in advance.

Whiskers

·
Where's Waldo?
1,131 Posts
You will notice that the lake is nearly a foot below the fill curve on the graph. I wrote to the Corps about this since it had been nearly full and they let out a zillion gallons of water to take it back down to winter pool. My concern is that those high volume discharges put a lot of fish down the drain and that the lake could use a little stability after it was drained so far in 05-06. To me it seemed a big waste of water to flush so much into a system that was already high when they were basically at the time when they should begin filling.

The response was that the March 15 date for beginning the fill is for "dry" springs. Some hydrologists in Louisville are the ones who decide the fill curve each year. This year they officially started filling on April 1 and will add approximately 1.2 inches per day until it is up to Summer pool of 1012 feet above sea level on May 1. I hope that works out because it will be a full month sooner than last year and let those 'eyes get into their normal patterns.

See you out there.

MC

G

·
Anybody doing any good at CJ? I have seen many people at the marina when taking my boat for a test drive. I marked some fish but had no luck catching them by the marnia boat ramp.

·
CJ Cat Attack Pack
1,802 Posts
Syclone,

If you were marking some good arches they were probally sumo Shad as they like to gather in that area during this time of year, just last week I was catching 8-10 inch ones just North of the Marina ramp............Doc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts