CJ Brown structure info?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Intimidator, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Intimidator

Intimidator Banned

I'm a new member who fishes exclusively at CJ. In mid October I was told by Dept of Natural Resource employees and a Marina worker that there were going to be meetings at the end of October to finalize a plan to install 85 hardwood structures in the lake, I think this was suppose to be a co-opertive effort with other groups of fishermen, has anyone else heard about this or if this is going to happen. Thanks

2. First I've heard of it. If I'd known I would've attended the meetings and volunteered to help out. Anyone have any concrete info on this I'd sure like to hear about it.

3. that would be great! the "bathtub" needs all the help it can get. all the standing stumps i used to fish from the campground to the north end all fell over after that big drawdown for the new ramp. an even better idea would be to submerge more "permanent" structue like old concrete tiles, old tractor tires tied in bundles, etc.

4. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Never heard that one, last couple of years they have tied up old Christmas trees and placed them on top of the ice in the marina for the bank fishermen.

Out in the middle of the lake where the old ried golf course used to be is where it needs help, I liked the rock piles in another thread about CJ that would really help the center area.

There's still plenty of structure in the North end and it could still use some help but it's like the North ramp I don't think we will see it in our lifetime, but who knows I never would have bet that we would see the new ramps on this lake and that did happen.

Doc

5. Intimidator

Intimidator Banned

The guy that was working in the Marina bait shop was out fishing and we talked about it for over an hour, then I asked a boat patrol officer who had heard about it and also a warden. I wish I would have remembered the date etc of the meeting.......

6. It's seems there would be plenty of wood laying around after the hurricane we had. The drawdowns make it tough for vegetation to get established and many of the piling/fish attractors have fallen over and rotted off too.