close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CJ Brown shore access

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Whiskers, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Plan on doing some late day into early morning fishing at cj tomorrow. I have a 12' jon boat that I usually dump in off grant. My jb is light enough to carry a short distance from trailer to water.

There are some fish attractors on the northeast side of the lake. A few years back I thought I saw a parking lot and an old run down boat launch ramp in that area. Is there still access to this spot and how can I get there? Would I keep driving past the camp grounds?

I guess a little scouting wouldn't hurt, but won't have time to scout before I head out for the water tomorrow. If the road is closed, I'd rather just go straight to my normal launch spot at grant. I found one map that shows this boat ramp, but it doesn't show any roads to get there. Most maps don't show ramp at all.

Any history and info about this ramp would be appreciated.

whiskers

2. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

hey that old boat ramp is the one that is in the camp sites....it is still able to be used, but you have to drive clear back into the camping area to get to it and at that take and look around real good or you'll miss it, but there is a parking area and everything there....last year, I was out there with a few friends camping over the weekend and caught all kinda of LM and channels on nightcralwers on the bottom and that was fishing from the bank so...hope you guys do good...also weve been getting into the fish up at the pond again...12lb last night, 13lb & 6lb this morning/afternoon

3. It looks to be inaccessible. I was able to do some scouting yesterday and drove all around the camp grounds. The only road that cut off the main road to the water was the path to the beach. Also talked to a ranger there and he wouldn't comment other than there is no boat ramp by the camp grounds anymore.

Wish they would have maintained it and maybe mad a limit to the size you could launch from there. That would be a great place to dump in for smaller boats.

4. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

when we go out on my buddy's 14' jon boat we always launch from there..yea it is kinda growed up but is far better to put in right there than have to carry it very far...weve caught quite a few cats from there...hey Ill also send you a pm

5. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

When the lake was first built in 1966 the original plan was for 2 ramps, main ramp was where the old one that was torn out when they built the new ones, but a couple of years into the original project they ran out of money actually the corps stopped the project for a couple of years so when they restarted that ramp area was never completed, the ramp, dock and the parking lot were put in but they never built the access road to the launch facility. It would have been a great area for boats that fished the north end of the lake, but I don't think you will ever see it completed, not with the new ramps in place now

It took them 7 years to complete that lake.............Doc