Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First trip of the year to CJ , started around 10:00 by the dam jigging for walleye. Caught two small crappie, one decent channel cat and what I guess was a very large shiner, close to 8" long. About 11:30 switched over to musky with no luck. Tried the dam, point off west end of campground and the marina. Strange thing was today, water temp by the dam was 45.5, 46.2 off the campground but only 43.5 in front of the marina and that was the last place we fished before leaving around 2:30pm. Was a nice day and quite a few boats spread around the lake.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Seen more Musks, a couple of nice Largemouths and some small bluegills. Small baitfish are in the rocks around the marina shoreline. Still haven't seen a crappie with my own eyes. Although 80 degrees today. They should be along shortly and the Muskies and Bass I suspect will start moving out to deeper water. GOOD LUCK WE COULD ALL USE A GOOD SEASON. It would be a sign that it's finally not 2020 anymore.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fished this evening at same place at the Marina as yesterday. Same bait but know luck tonight. That’s why it’s called fishing instead of catching I guess.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I hope it's OK to post this. I found it hysterical. "professional" hooks her first Muskie on the Res at Brown and doesn't know what it was. I cringed thinking she was about to lip grab it like a Bass. But she had lots of cool toys from sponsors,

·
Registered
12 Posts
I hope it's OK to post this. I found it hysterical. "professional" hooks her first Muskie on the Res at Brown and doesn't know what it was. I cringed thinking she was about to lip grab it like a Bass. But she had lots of cool toys from sponsors,
"I think it's a Walleye." Keep thinking that way and counting to ten may become a problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
She also didn't realized she had enough equipment to fish the Grand Banks. You don't even really need a net on that beach just a good spinnerbait and braided spiderwire and don't set the hook too hard, I'm starting to think they put alligators in the res to get rid of the crappies. I'm not even ragging on her. I thought the video was very cool. Although the end of Nov I sure wouldn't be out there and expect too many fish. And sure wouldn't wanna go MOB.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts