close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CJ Brown report

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Doctor, Sep 19, 2004.

1. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Lynn's Dad and I went out on the lake Saturday, the fishing was real slow only boated three Channels and all dinks, the water has cooled down to 72 degrees but the wind was blowing out of the Northeast and kept shifting around to the North then Northwest, makes it real hard to anchor down, all three fish came off the windblown shoreline in 2 foot of water, several boats were out there cattin nice day to be on the water.......Doc

2. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

fished there sat. night, caught too, both dinks...the wind was really blowing, still had fun though

3. Doctor

Well not much to show for, five little dinks but lost a good fish to the trees,think it was a flathead, line was slimed up good for about a foot and a half, he did a number crisscrossing around the trees, I just let him go hoping that the power pro would just cut down the limbs, but he hung something solid and tore the hook out, it was a good fish.

At one time the sun was nice and warm and the wind was blowing just a mild rock to the boat,I had my feet propped up all layed back when I hear a motor looked all around me when I hear a yehaw above me a guy in a twin engine ultralight flew right over the boat, scared the tar out of me, watched him go down lower over the water and bank hard at the corner of the campgrounds then disappered.

Some time later the man comes cruising by my boat
    [​IMG]

Now I'm setting in three foot of water and he goes by me headed for the rock wall so I just turned back around when I hear that sickening thud sound, that anybody that boats knows very well, and the Man is hung on the wall, I bet that prop is not in good shape as he tagged it hard a couple of times trying to get dislodged. I'm sitting here chuckling waiting for him to call me on the radio and asked to be towed off the wall.
    [​IMG]

He finally got off the wall and started heading back towards me, that post to the left of him is the area we call the hump, very large gravel hump, somebody drove a post in the middle of it this year, I really thought he was going to go aground on it, I don't dare take my boat back any farther, as I have already been hung up once in this area and had to be pulled by my son, that was another French Navy episode of a few years back:D .....Doc

4. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

any places inperticular in that lake that you think may hold flatheads?

5. That boat sure does look like the DNR boat that I've seen at CJ. If it is the DNR, then what was he doing running into a well known hazard? No, it couldn't have been, could it?

6. Doctor

Yea that is the regular watercraft boat that is on the lake, but I have never seen these two out there, they may have been from another district, they sure didn't know the lake, I was the only boat back there and they were looking for something cause they were in the area better than an hour. I need to go check out that boat, I want seats like that for my boat, they looked real comfortable:D .........Doc

7. Doc,

Saw your post last week about fishing near the christmas trees and the recent shad hatch. My friend and I where on the water Sunday as well, in the area I think you referred to last week. I brought my cast net that I had never tried using from my boat. After several failed attempts, we netted enough shad to start fishing and caught 5 cats between 1-5pm. All where caught in 7-10 feet of water. The largest was 2.5#.

Just wanted to say thanks for the tip from last week. By the way, saw the plane you referred too earlier in this post. That guy was crazy! He came down on the lake by the main boat ramp. He wasn't more than 30-40 feet above my boat when he flew over us just outside the Marina.

Whiskers

8. Doctor

After he buzzed me I was trying to get the camera, he pushed down the throttle and banked hard around the campground, nice ultralight, looked to have a fabric type fuslage, first time I have ever seen a twin engine, was there two people in that thing or just one..........Doc

9. catking

catking Banned

Good story Doc :D .I think you have to be crazy to fly one of those things.. THE CATKING !!! :)

10. There were 2 Doc. They were seated right behind each other.

Looked to me like a plane someone pieced together in their garage...

He dove into the lake hard by the boat ramp. It was as if he was a O, getting ready to take a run on Honolulu. I almost jumped out of my boat :D

11. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Oh, that plane would've been some good pictures !!