close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CJ Brown report 4-10-04

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Doctor, Apr 10, 2004.

1. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Pop and I managed 5 fish today, one was a nice Carp, on cut Shad, the carp are thick back in the north end lots of 10# working back there, haven't seen the big momma's back in there yet, water temp is 51.7, the road bed is now underwater, maybe by next weekend, the lake should be at full pool.

Still no big cats, looks like the lake has turned over, CJ Brown has never done that during the spring, it usually happens in the fall, there is all kinds of junk floating back on the North end, maybe that is why the big cats haven't turned on, who knows, maybe they will wait till it gets nice and warm outside then we can have an outing maybe then someone will find some sumo pigs.

Doc

2. Doc and Lynn its good to see your posts again. I don't fish c. j. but would try to make it to an outing there.

3. Doc,
    i thought i saw you out there on sat about noonish, way in the back by the road bed. we were over by the fish attractors on the north end.

All Thumbs

4. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

All thumbs,

Yes we were back there, worked that whole road bed area plus back in Goose Island.
    I talked to some guys at the dock said that the White Bass haven't made a show on the lake yet. We were over at the fish structures but only pulled one fish off the pilings. The carp are thick at the road bed, maybe when they start spawning the cats will move in to feed on the eggs.

I did get my laugh for the day, watched a pleasure boater hauling full throttle and tried to go between Goose Island and the bank, I told Lynn's dad, watch he will never make it past the Island, then we heard that low tone as a lower unit is digging into mud, took the guy a good 2 hours to get out of that area, he was able to back out, but I think he clogged the intakes up as he had the cowling up on the boat, he never put up a red distress flag so we just fished.

Doc

5. catking

catking Banned

Them carp are in pre-spawn node. The smaller ones are there, won't be long for the big mommas show up. I'm suprised about the lack of cats. CATKING.