close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CJ Brown Report 10-3-04

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Doctor, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Anytime I can go 14 for 14 I'm a happy man.

14 bites 14 fish back on the North end to the right of the hump, there are some trees back there and the tops are starting to show, first fish was a surprise, a 12.2 Flathead and just happened to be one of my prior caught ones.:D

As long as the wind was blowing the fish would hammer the bait, was fishing in 2 foot of water, had one rod on the bottom and the other with a Billy Bobber set at 1 1/2 foot deep, boy it looked like Jaws that bobber would go under and then it would run just under the surface of the water and all fish were swimming straight into the wind, right back at the boat, 8 fish came off of the bobber.

Thanks Robby, I like those 5/0 Kahle hooks you gave me a few years back they hooked up real well on fish running at me.

Water is still at 68 degrees, only difference was today there was a lot of wind, good 1 foot chop.

14 fish weighted in at 68.5 total average of 4.89 lbs, I had a blast, just wish somebody would have been with me to enjoy, awe heck no I really enjoyed it by myself I kept calling Larry and telling him how many I was catching as he was going hunting, two rods down at the same time is a blast when your fishing all alone.

These guys were real hungry also as they never played with the bait just would hammer it down, love seeing a rod bend over hard in a holder, may just have to go back out again a couple of times this week, the spring is my favorite time on this lake but the fall can be great also........Doc

2. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Sounds like a hell of a time. Shallow huh??? I think I have a couiple places I want to try around here now! Thanks for the report! :)

ooopppppssss almost forgot, what was the bait/baits of choice??

3. Scarletfisherman

Scarletfisherman Catch & Releaser

Doc;

The lake levels seem lower than your report, so maybe they are still lowering the lake. Went to North and tried around the hump. Almost got stuck twice in low water. Fortunately it's mostly mud bottom. Did get a 1# channel and a 3.5# carp. Channel came on cut bait on the bottom and carp came under bobber on nightcrawler. Beautiful day to be out, but the wind kept shifting. I need to mark the creek channel better, so I don't get stranded back there.

Also fished for walleye on the roadbed out from the ramp. No walleyes, but the whites were biting. We tried small jigs tipped with nightcrawler and were catching whites on the bottom. Another boat was using minnows and really cleaning up on whites.

4. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Normally they will drop it to about 5 foot below normal pool, by the weekend I won't be able to venture past Goose Island, did it one year and got hung up, Larry had to tow me off a stump:eek:

I heard that if they start construction of the new ramp they will drop it an additional 4 more feet, I talked to the rangers out there on Sunday and they said don't hold your breath on the new ramp, if the dozers show up one day then you can get excited, but as usual things get put back, who knows, I just wish they would open up the ramp back on the North end so we wouldn't have all the hassles from the main ramp, I only fish CJ when the river is up and only during the spring and fall, it's a great lake for walleye and cats, but the cats outnumber the walleye 10-1...............Doc