close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CJ Brown report 03-27-05

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Doctor, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Cold, windy 20 mph out of the North east and raining but the fishing was hot, only stayed out for 1.5 hrs but boated 15 Channels, no biggins largest at 5 pounds, again the bait is thick in the Marina, Donnie had rolled into the Marina as I was leaving and I told him don't let the net go all the way to the bottom or you will not get it back, halfway down he pulled back and filled a five gallon bucket with 4-6 inch Shad, the Gulls are going nuts in the Marina, sushi time, I really enjoy watching them divebomb on these fish.

Again all the fish came off of 1-2 foot of water under a bobber, I like using the Billy Bobbers from Bass Pro the 4 inch kind, they slip under the water easy and have enough resistence to set the circle hook in the corner of there mouth. Easy to see, using a 1/2 oz.egg sinker as weight, let the wind just push the bobber,the bait just needs to be off the bottom again I was using just one pole.

Today fish were coming off the railroad bed where the mud line was meeting the clear water. I fish the muddy water more than the clear real surprised I haven't pulled a Blue Cat out of there yet but they could still be in the deeper channel out in the lake.

Doc

2. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

15 cats in 1.5 hrs, not too bad Doc... :cool:

3. Doctor

Chuck,
    went back out after dinner and fished till 5pm and got 18 more off the roadbed, Donnie put 38 in his boat so they are starting to move, with the rain and flooding we got this morning they should turn on big time Tueday it is supposed to be in the mid 50's with winds out of the south, so I'll be on the lake at 6am. They should be back in there thick with all this fresh water coming in.

If anybody would like to join me in the morning please post here, I'll be at the lake at 6am getting bait........Doc

4. Sounds like fun :) I am in crappie mode for a couple more weeks ;)

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

doc,i may just take you up on that :cool:
    as far as i know,i have nothing else to do tomorrow.in fact,i can't think of anything better to do ANYTIME,than fishing ;)

6. Doctor

Sounds good Rick bring your poles or you can use mine, we will get bait in the Morning looking forward to it I'll fish till about 11am then I have to get ready to go to work......Doc

7. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

ok,doc.i'll meet you at the ramp.6:00?

8. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

hey guys..just dont get stuck in the mud out there.. if you do, give me a call..i'll come over and help pull u guys in.. :D

9. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

hey dood :p :p :D
    that ain't funny.but just in case,i'll remember that you volunteered ;)

10. crappielooker

i maybe closeby you guys.. i'll give you fellers a call on doc's phone or something if i make it out there..
    just in case you guys really do need me.. ;) :D

11. Doctor

Hey Ak, I can deal with the mud and the getting hung up, I don't want to see a hook and weight fastened to the prop when we pull the boat out of the water..:D :D :D

12. crappielooker

:D doc..i'll give you guys a call tomorrow... good luck out there... i'll by closeby.. ;) with misfit on board, you never know what can happens.. :p
    oh..and tell him to keep his gear on board and not in da drink.. :D

13. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

LOL,guys.
    well,here i sit at 3 a.m.,trying to convince myself everything will go smoothly for a change :rolleyes: ;)
    doc,maybe if i fish off the bow,your prop will be safe.and maybe i'll leave my "special" rod at home.3rd time to the bottom of the lake,could be too much for it :eek: