close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CJ Brown report 03-26-05

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Doctor, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Went fishing at CJ today got on the lake somewhere around 11 oclock, ODNR was there with the net sampling, they said they did poorly because of the cooler temps. They are hoping the warm weather next week will pull the Walleye's to the shallow coves.

So I launched the boat and headed for the marina, rolled into the third set of docks and was marking Shad threw the net and Ohhhh, couldn't get it off the bottom, but finally managed and looked over the side, the net is clear full had to reach down and open it up to get the net on board, lots of small, medium and large Shad in the net, I got bait so headed back to the North end wind out of the North not good but setup on first place and got a few pecks but no takes, fishing in about 3 foot of water, I was the only one on the lake so decided to take a chance and move back into the thin water, little bit leery of doing that since the French Navy episode a few years back, but when you spot tails and backs in the water you kind of forget about getting hung up :D

Threw out two poles and bam fish on then another and another, went to one pole, was suspending cut Shad 6 inches below a bobber and they were just slamming everytime it hit the water, managed 22 Channels, most in the 3# range, did boat a 10# with several in the 5# range,Lost a bunch to the stumps that are back there it was great fast and furious action and it shut down as soon as the wind stopped, had a boat come up on me and hollered several guys from OGF wanted to know where the bait was, so told them and then I pulled up and figured it was a little easier to show them, Lynn was on her way out with dinner so I cut for the Marina rolled in there and once again one throw filled up a 5 gallon bucket for them and told them where to fish and I headed back to the ramp.

Guys it was a pleasure to meet you, my short term memory missed the names along with the idling wolf engine that I have makes it difficult to hear, I'm sure they will post later when they see this thread, hope so as I never forget faces but I have trouble with names so please post.

The water is at 42 degrees on the main lake, the best I could find was on the north end and it was 46 degrees, with next weeks tempatures warming up things this should bring the temps up on this lake and that should really turn them on in a hurry, the lake is just full of Shad but they are mainly congregated in the Marina area like they do each and every year, if the sun comes out strong next week they will move to the North end of the lake and the cats will be right behind them.

There are no docks at CJ makes it real difficult to launch a boat solo but it can be done, just watch the concrete pads and the big boulders in the area and you should be in good shape, the lake is the dark emerald color that it is known for, but the North end where Buck Creek is running muddy and putting debris and coloring up that portion of the lake.

Good luck to all I will be hitting it hard next week in anticipation of boating a 20# Channel, Cj is very good at giving up those size fish, early in the mornings till about 11am then I got to head to work, anybody that would like to join me PM me and we will work something out..............Doc

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Thanks for the update Doc.

3. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

thats warm water you guys got there doc... ya saw any carp?? :p
    could i bring corn on board?? :p

4. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

No carp action going on out there at this time, I'm going back out in the morning so i'll keep a close eye out, the wind is supposed to get up good from the North east so they should be on the old railroad.

Doc

5. catking

catking Banned

Sounds like this coming week will be awsome !!! Good luck to you Doc :) .. THE CATKING !!!