close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CJ Brown July 5th am

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Scarletfisherman, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Scarletfisherman

Scarletfisherman Catch & Releaser

In the water by 5:45, but missed Firecat and Fshman_165. Started on the road bed, marked fish, but no bites on jig & worm. Followed the crowd out to the humps just west of the point. Several boats were anchored and casting, but I chose to drift with the westerly wind. Picked up a 16" walleye :D on first pass and has some other pickup, but no luck hooking them :( . The bite seemed really light. Tried Fshman_165s suggestion of 1/4 nightcrawler and caught a 12" walleye and small perch from an anchored position. The most walleye the boats around me said they had caught was 2 keepers. Tried a 10 o'clock drift without a pickup (again using the 1/4 crawler on 1/16 oz jig). After the drift, the water became very choppy due to wind and weekend/holiday boaters. I then went to trolling suspending Rogue and purple crystal excaliber on Offshore planner boards. Picked up another 12" walleye on the Rogue and a pound channel cat on the excaliber. By this time it was noon & the ramp line was all the way to the gate. I just stayed too long and got caught. Congrats to those who caught walleye today and left early. It was a beautiful sunrise and morning fishing. :cool:

Wishing you all Tight Lines!

Scarletfisherman

2. fshman_165

fshman_165 CJ Eye Hunter

Scfshrmn,
    I just could'nt motivate myself to fish a holiday weekend. I'll admit that the alarm went off and promptly GOT turned off :) I WILL be out wed and fri am
    to see whats up. I hate not fishing for 5 :eek: days. I think it's a record for me. My son was dying to fish so he fished buckcreek, smallmouth heaven, where it runs behind old reid park. He caught a few from 14inches to a dandy 17 incher. That run is FULL of em. He popped 3 eyes while smallie fishing, ya never know what you will pull out of there. Buck creek runs for miles and few people know what a gem of a smallie factory it is.

3. firecat

firecat Larry Lange

we ended up going to the ohio river sunday night and fished into monday morning.we ended up with 7 more details in ohio river section.

Larry

4. for the past three weeks i have not been getting any walleye
    the first two weeks of may i did go after that i have gotten nothing
    guess it some times you win and some times you lose

5. I hit the water with a freind @ 9:30 p.m. We set up in the north end just off the roadbed and tightlined frozen cut shad. My buddy picked up a 4 lb carp around 10:30 and then I caught a channel that went 4 lbs. 15 minutes later. Just after midnight my buddy had a nice channel to the boat, but we forgot the net :confused: , and he got off while I was trying to grab him. :mad: It went cold so we moved over to the flat off of Goose Island around 2 a.m. There were shad busting everywhere and it only took 10 minutes to get the first fish - 1.5 lb channel My buddy's rods were being pulled down hard every 5 mintes or so and he caught 3 more small channel all 2 lb or less and missed several others between 2:30-4:30. For some reason they only wanted his shad - I didn't even have a bite during the same period :confused: .

We hit the ramp on our way out @ 5 a.m. There was a guy alone loading up & he said he caught 1 small channel. It was a calm, quiet night and we made it home just before the rain started. :)