close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CJ Brown Cats

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Scarletfisherman, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Scarletfisherman

Scarletfisherman Catch & Releaser

Today (July 1), I met Doctor and Fish-N-Fool for a few hours of cat fishing at CJ Brown. After catching some fresh shiners, we drove to the North end of the lake and set up on the gravel (north) side and caught 5 cats then drove over to the south (mud bottom) and put two more in the boat. All were less than 3 pounds. The wind never did come up and the water was real clear. Although we didn't land any monsters and we only fished for 4 hours; Fish-N-Fool and I had a great time discussing cat fishing with "Doctor" Lange. He's a great teacher and it was a real pleasure fishing with him. F-N-F and I also learned how to snell a 30 pound leader as an extra bonus. We saw lots of boats out on the main lake reefs, hopefully they were catching some "eyes".

Thanks Doc for a great time!

Scarletfisherman

2. catking

catking Banned

Glad you guys enjoyed your trip with Doc. It is indeed a treat to fish and chew the fat with him. Doc and Lynn are good people. THE CATKING !!!

3. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Had a great time on the lake with you guys today, the fishing wasn't the best but we didn't get skunked. Enjoyed talking with you both hope to do it again soon, thanks again.

The lake is very warm right now at 79.2 degrees and the water is clear, had a rough time getting bait as they wern't bunched up, but we found enough singles here and there to let us fish. Most of the Shad that were in deep water were over at the old gravel pit in 30 foot of water and the cast net would fall short about ten feet on them, plus I was amazed to see how far down into the water I could see the horn which is yellow on the net.

We found fish on the gravel and in the mud, I caught one little rascal that buried the bobber on a float rig before the bobber settled down, thought it was going to be a big one. Thanks Robby those 5/0 Kahle hooks are the ticket for bobber fishing, as this Channel cats mouth was no bigger than a dime, he only weighted about 5 oz.

The ramp was just starting to get crazy as I pulled the boat out, it's going to be a freefall this weekend, oh Boy I would really hate to see what the tempers are going to be like, think I'll stay home till after dark or maybe head to the river.

There were several boats at the humps and the old road bed straight away from the dock, fish n fool saw a guy unhook one as we went by him.

Everybody be on your toes this weekend if your out on a boat, the crazies are about to hit the lake and don't want to see anybody get hurt............Doc

4. It was nice meeting both of you and I had a great time.

A special thanks to Doc for the "guided" tour of the lake and all the tips you gave us.

Scarletfisherman - I hope to meet up with you again in the fall.

Thanks again!