close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CJ Brown 9/24

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by supersize, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Sorry for the late report, but this is my first chance to post since last Friday. My buddy & I went up to CJ for the first time last week; we usually fish CC. We got on the water ~8:00 am, and began trolling crankbaits in the 20-25' of water between the dam & the big point. We caught a couple of white bass & crappies on hot-n-tots & wally divers. Around 10:00, we moved into the 15' of water just north of the bouys signifying the no-wake zone and began trolling worm harnesses with snap weights using the electric motor. Travelling at 1.0-1.3 mph, we caught seveeral channel cats, and then caught the walleye pictured. This is my buddy Jeff with the fish, and it measured 24" and weighed right at 4 lbs. It was his first walleye, and was he surprised at the run it made when it saw the boat! Anyway, it was a good day, and I hope to come up and fish CJ more this fall as the water cools. Is there typically a good walleye bite in the fall?

Attached Files:

2. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Hey Supersize,

Were you the guy in the Red Lund boat that I talked to, I was throwing the castnet over the old road bed getting bait for Catfishing back on the North end of the lake..........Doc

3. Tee

Tee Team OGF

Nice Walleye supersize! Sounds like it was a fun day for you! Good Job! :cool:

4. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Hey Tee.... When we fishing for some eyes there? Supersize great pic!!

5. Doc,

That was me in the Red Lund. We never made it back to the road bed I asked you about. Is the water really shallow back there? Do you know where I can get a lake map showing the structure? I got a map from the park office, but it just shows contours, and it looked like the water was very shallow where you were pointing. I checked two bait shops in the area and asked for a map but they had the same one I already had.

6. Doctor

Supersize,

Send me an e-mail at plange@woh.rr.com and I'll send you a special map I have made up, the water right now is about 3 foot deep in that area all the way past Goose Island, they will start dropping the lake in October, along the old rail track the water is about 6 foot deep as long as you stay east of the road bed, it's an old railtrack but I refer to it as the road bed, there are several of them on the lake, nice seeing you and nice boat, after I got bait I figured you were on fish because you were staying near the humps area......Doc

7. Gobi Muncher

Gobi Muncher mmmm.....tasty!

Looks like they are already dropping the water level there. Was driving across the dam last night and the large flat next to the beach looked to be about 2 ft. exposed. Anyone know when they yank the docks?

8. Doctor

Generally they keep them in till the lake gets freezing ice on it so that the duck hunters can still launch boats, there will only be one out, they just unhook and drag them up the hill, last year they were a tad late and snapped the end connector off the east dock after it froze to the lake..........Doc