Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent most of the day today on CJ, launched about 9am and started the day off trolling HotnTots...purple seemed to be the lucky color of the day...landed several walleye(all dinks) in anywhere from 9 to 18 feet of water, just couldnt get one over 18" (i know the size limit is smaller than that, i just dont keep em until theyre 18" of age!) . Got tired of trolling after a few hours so i rigged up some bass size minnies on a jig head and went at it...same results..all walleye between 12" and 16".
The funny thing about today though was the amount of crappie i caught, it was unbelievable! I'd say at least 100 throughout the day...trolling,casting,jigging plastics, and minnows..small cranks,large cranks,and even tubes...i think CJ has a crappie problem! : ) ...most were only 9" ers..some were bigger..but they seemed to hit everything i used.

Lowell or intimidator, if ya happen to catch this post..could you please help me to find these"keitechs" you guys speak so highly of? Bass PRo,Gander Mt., Dicks, even the bait store next to the spillway...couldnt find em anywhere..id like to try em out sometime.
Sorry, didnt take any pics..no keepers today.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I know I'm not Lowell or Intimidator but i i am one of the converters to the magic of keitechs thanks to intimadator. Tackle ware house is the place to get them, they have all 3 types in all the different varieties and sizes and colors. Cabelas has the swing impact and swim impact fat but there is less color choice and only 1 size

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
411 Posts

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's a hell of a day. I didn't know CJ had walleye numbers like that- I have seen guys post about some big ones there though.

Yea...CJ is a decent fishery..it's come a long way though..lotsa guys dedicating lotsaa time to rehab the lake...one reason i dont keep fish that are barely legal...the 100 or so estimate a stated previously was on crappie though...walleye..maybe a dozen or so for the day

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Come join us as we conspire....uh, I MEANT "plan" to help improve CJ`s fishery. This is the "golden opportunity so that if you DON`t like how the fishing IS, why, by ALL MEANS help us CHANGE it more to your "liking" ! (insert evil laughter sound effect here...)

·
Registered
856 Posts
If you are ever in the Akron area (5 min from 277) ...
Land Bigfish
3333 Manchester Rd
Akron, OH 44319(330) 644-8211

1 - 10 of 10 Posts