Cj 8/9

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ssouthard, Aug 9, 2008.

1. ssouthard

ssouthard Retired Lake Erie Guide

Headed out for an adventure today. looking for eyes and crappies, are the eyes suspended? Was wondering if they were suspended on the thermoclines? Good luck mates!

2. BlueBoat98

BlueBoat98 Where's Waldo?

Well, they're up off the bottom and in shallow water but there isn't any Thermocline. The Corps of Engineer report from last week shows almost the same upper 70's temp from top to bottom. http://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/wc/wq/cbr.html There is an Oxygen stratification situation as you can see. That may be causing some of the fish-finding difficulties.

MC

3. ssouthard

ssouthard Retired Lake Erie Guide

Hello Blue

We had a tough day, we did catch three keepers. I found the majority of the Walleye, suspended in the creek bed area along the north side. They were suspended at 18 feet of 25 foot of water. I tried to knock them in the head. Caught pan fish and white bass.

the water seems to be turning over, the green Algae or bacteria was staining the water clarity. Looking forward to October and late september walleye fishing, good luck all, Steve

4. seems like summer is tuff on cj, i fish pretty early sat sun mon there 2-11 am usually and everyone i talk to while fishing seems to not have caught much , i missed spring, didnt have my boat yet. Also ive always bass fished mostly, done some walleye fishing on erie using downriggers. i hear some good things about the smallmouth in the lake but im sure i missed that until fall. looking forward to the fall,