close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CJ 8/8 pm - 8/9 am

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fish-N-Fool, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Scarletfisherman met me at the ramp @ 8pm. I netted some shad and we headed off to our "secret" channel cat spot. :D It was a very calm night; the lake was like a sheet of glass. The channels cooperated most of the night and we ended up boating 12. We lost a few at the boat and we might have missed 1 or 2 :D ! Scarletfisherman caught 7 , I had 5; the largest went 3.8#. All fish were released.

I had a great time sharing my boat with Scarletfisherman. We shared stories and jokes and even caught a few fish in between. :D He took some pics with his digital camera, so he may post after he wakes up! :D We'll have to get together again some time - it was a lot of fun!

2. I'll be back out @ CJ over the weekend,; either Saturday/Sunday night, or both! Any OGF'ers see me out - give me a shout. I'm in a blue 14ft. tri-hull with a Force 9.9.

Happy weekend everybody! :D

3. Stretch

Stretch Wishin I was fishin

I hope to get out to CJ either Sat. or Sun. morning. Will look for you on the water. I will be in a burgundy bass cat, with a big OGF sticker on the windshield :D .....Stretch

4. itroll2

itroll2 fishin IS heaven on earth

nice pics. got a buddy thats a state trooper switched to checkin all the rigs I'm taken fishin sat. evening. choice of cc or cj. any suggestions? i prefer eyes, but I would LOVE to see & get a pic of this guy with a big ol cat. on the road he can be a dick, God knows I would'nt want to tick him off. but off the job, he would give you the shirt off his back, exactly what a true friend should be. in his line of work, and me being a driver, God knows I need all the friends I can get. we do'nt have a shad throw net either.

5. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

plan on goin out to cj tomorrow night, gunna try live bait, anyone ever have any luck on chicken livers? or can anyone recomend another type of bait?

6. fshman_165

fshman_165 CJ Eye Hunter

Itroll,
    I have been pretty busy lately, but here is the report. The cool weather has the eyes roaming all over the place. The water temps have dropped dramatically, the fish are in AN EARLY summer pattern. Trolling and bouncers with harnesses are picking them up. I have popped a few vertical jigging spoons and blade baits sprayed down with shad scent. The small fish are everywhere! but there have been some nice fish caught. Oh by the way, I have been getting 5 to 12 lb channels on the harnesses while working the roadbed (the one I showed you) and not just a few, I have caught 3 to 4 nice channels per day! running bouncers and harnesses. Hope this helps. Note to white bass fisherman, due to the temps the whites have been herding schools of shad to the surface. Just look for the gulls diving and be ready to fill your livewell up! :D